IGNORED

Dont Laugh i've been a plonker

Midnight_Star

Hi Guys, how are you all.

I went on holiday camping over here in the UK, while i was packing to come home i closed my pannier boxes and boot lid on my RSV and guess what i locked my keys inside, even worse was i didn't know which box i locked them in. I had no tools as they were locked in box so i was knackered. I called our national breakdown service and after waiting 4 hours ( because England were playing ) they could not help me. So another 2 hours passed and we were relayed with bike home about 3am.

I managed to pick the locks with a pair of manicure scissors ( not mine by the way ) but i had to remove the thin chrome covers. ( see photos ) Then i took the helmet locks to pieces and removed there chrome covers and put them on the pannier locks. What i am looking for now if possible is anyone who has 2 helmet locks so i can get the chrome covers off them,( you cannot dismantle the pannier locks to get chrome covers of but you can fit them on ). Reason is they look crap without the covers and i still want to use the same key all round bike. If you can help i will pay for items and postage to UK.

What a plonker thanks guys Dave ( UK )

[ATTACH]47254[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]47255[/ATTACH]

bummer, but just how did you manage to lock the keys inside??? didn`t you need the key to lock them?? :confused24:

hopefully it wasn't a case of the blond who locked her car doors with the keys in the ignition but didn't realize that her passenger window was down.....:rotf:

the key really only requires the cuts on one side to be used.

So. you could have a key cut for your ignition on one side, and for new helmet locks on the other side. And mark the key so you know which is which.

I've had an aftermarket flat key made as a spare which will fit in my wallet. Others hide a spare key on their bike.

When i open my side boxes i tend to turn the key so they are locked when i close them, not any more. Just asking if anyone has changed there helmet or side box locks so i can pinch the chrome top caps out of them. Alternativly i will buy two new helmet locks they are cheaper than the side box locks.

P.S you dont have to be blonde lol.

Dave ( UK )