IGNORED

He let me drive it...finally

b2dad

Don finally let me drive the bike, on the way home, pulling the trailer. Woo Hoo!! I actually got it out of 3rd gear. Actually, I got it in 4th AND 5th gear and got it up to 66 mph. Wow! It felt great (after a few minutes of stomach churning and nerves going over the edge). Then there was Don riding behind me and telling me how uncomfortable the passenger seat was. I also didn't realize how much heat comes off the engine on my legs. Will definitely wear long pants and shoes next time I drive. I drove it the last 30 miles to our house and it was quite an experience. I can't wait to drive it to work now...but Don says I have to have more experience before he will let me take it on the highway, which is how I go to work. Will post update when that happens.

Anyway..I am in awe of all you female drivers out there. This is great! I was thinking I would just drive it "in case" something happened...but maybe I will look at some bikes. Hmmmmm....:shock3:

Great job Patti!!

Our friend Carol felt uncomfortable on the back of Jim's Goldwing, so, he sold it and got a trike. He finally missed it enough that he bought an older Wing for solo rides.... long story short....Carol learned to ride the trike and Jim hasn't been on it for near three months now.

Both have huge grins on their faces and we'll (Jan and I) be riding to Boise with them this next week.

Dave

Go for it! It's an awesome feeling. I started on a 650 Silverado. 5 years later I have my 'big girl' bike - a 97 RSTC. I love it, and yes the 650 feels like a moped after riding the RSTC. I had the 650 soloed out with a mustang seat with a backrest. It's a great starter bike IMO. Gonna sell it when the RSTC is finished getting personalized since I ride one when the other is having work done. Anyway, go for it you won't regret it.

Guest scarylarry

I think you should be able to hop on that trike and go whenever, you ain't going to learn in the garage or driveway...

I got your back on this one..

Don you look like your riding in style :whistling:.... Now you can sit back and enjoy the ride and see the world you been missing. :cool17:

:rotfl:I can just hear you two talking to each other.......

P.S. Patti your looking good and having fun too.....:thumbsup2::happy34::happy34:

Buddy

Edited by buddy

That's really great to see all the support. It was such a great feeling to be driving.

Yes, Don may have to shop for another bike, but that probably won't happen. This is his baby.

Thanks Monty for those pics. Hey...I look pretty good huh? LOL!

That's really great to see all the support. It was such a great feeling to be driving.

Yes, Don may have to shop for another bike, but that probably won't happen. This is his baby.

Yep great pics Monty. Patti you'll just have to shop for your own trike then It doesn't have to be a big RSV either. I've seen some really nice trikes out there much smaller and perhaps a bit easier for you to handle. Some Honda vtx's come to mind as well as some Road Stars.

Larry

Guest scarylarry

You look better than he does on it...

Did I say that?