IGNORED

What's the best route around New York?

johnny-canuck

We're heading south in July and I'd like some help on the best route from Boston to Washington, DC. I know the route from here to Boston well, and I know where I'm going after I get to Washington. I looking for a fast route from Boston to Washington, but I don't want to get in heavy traffic. We'll be traveling this area on a Sunday.

Washington is pretty much the beginning of this trip and Nashville is the destination with some nice riding in between (Skyline, Blueridge, Dragon, and a bunch of other roads).

Any and all help is appreciated.

John

I-95 for the fastest route if you time it to pass thru NY at 3AM :rotfl:

Otherwise take one of the bypasses north of the city. I-287 to the Garden State Parkway, to NJ Turnpike, then pick up I-95 again just before crossing into Delaware.

Toll roads.

Best way to dodge the traffic is to stay north of the city and I-287 across the Tappan Zee Bridge and then take the Garden State Parkway south to the turnpike. You can jump off the turnpike at Bordentown (Exit 70 and get some cheap Jersey gas and then jump on I-295 south and skip the tolls. I-295 will take you down to the Delaware Bridge.

Or -

If you time it right you can stay on I-95 and take the Cross Bronx Expressway to the G.W. Bridge and get on the turnpike at the north end.

Good luck.

Mass Turnpike to Albany, NY Thruway to Syracuse and take I 81 south??

:sign yeah that:

I live in Alabama, but was born and raised in NH. This is the only way to get here from there without any problems. If you take I95,,,Good Luck..

Before I81 was built, I used to go to Cleveland and then the New York Thruway.

Watch out for state troopes in Virginia.

Thanks to all for the input. Boats are fun but too slow. Airlines won't let me take the bike in first class. And I've heard horror stories of the 95 around New York city and Mom won't let me out after midnight, so I will be looking at the other options.

I went through last year on a men's run but was following so I didn't take note of the route and it was busy. I don't really want to get into real heavy fast traffic two up.

Thanks again.