IGNORED

Stupid and "lucky"

barend

I ran into a former employee, the one who told me he used to text while riding his crotchrocket down the interstate. He, at the time, told me he quit riding cause he didn't want to kill himself. Well he started riding again, crested a rise going into a very shallow turn (his words) which he missed due to excess speed (110+mph). He went of the road and hit a 4x4 with both shins, both legs broken and hanging by the calf muscle. Since he lost his phone in the crash, he had to drag himself back to the road and wait for someone to flag down. He lost his left leg below the knee, has a rod in his left femur, a rod in his right leg, scarring from a trach (sp?) -- he was out for several weeks-- and and some other "minor" scarring. At least he was wearing a helmet. He has a prosthesis on his left leg, they had to replace the rod in his right leg with an antibiotic one due to infection which will be switched back to a regular rod this week and they will have to do something about the shin bone not growing back. But he's alive! So much for one upmanship and reckless driving. At least he knows it was his own doing and he does have a good outlook on his future.