IGNORED

Mr. Gasket gets a makeover

Dave77459

For those of you using or contemplating using the Mr. Gasket #42S fuel pump, be advised that the design has been "improved". Formerly, the input and output nipples were threaded into the pump. That allowed us to insert right- and 45 degree-pieces between the pump and the nipple, allowing the Mr Gasket pump to work for us.

The new design has a fixed output nipple, and a long one at that. Consequently, I do not believe that the Mr. Gasket fuel pump will be an acceptable replacement.

I went to a different store, and they had one old style pump in front of three new pumps. I snarfed that up, just in case I ever need another.

hi dave

thanks for the up date on the " new & inproved " mr.gasket fuel pump. i just got one from advance auto parts & it's the "old style". had a dickins of a time trying to get the right fittings. ponch had told me i would need a 45 & 90 degree fittings so the fuel line would be going back over the top. could not find a 90 so i bought a small 1/8 pipe niple to thread the two 45's together. home depot only had the 45, lowell's had the 1/8 pipe niple. guess i should have checked out a ace hardware store. but anyway i got my new pump all ready to go if i need it.

reguards

don c.