IGNORED

Plexus Cleaner - Holy Cow!

petekadish

I dropped-in on my local dealer this afternoon and picked-up a 13oz can of Plexus, and I couldn't believe that they were asking $23.00 for it.

When I got home, I decided to look-up Plexus on-line to see what kind of prices were being asked by vendors. One of the first links from Amazon was asking $35.99 for a 13oz can. :shock3:

Of course, I know about all of the other great alternatives to Plexus, so that's not a problem. It's just disappointing to find a product that I like, and it then begins to get marked-up so high that it's no longer a reasonable purchase. Heck, I remember paying about $6.00 a can for that stuff just a few years ago.

Back to Pledge (the regular scent - lemon attracts bees), or to that Honda polishing spray, I guess.:scratchchin:

I am the only person I know about who has experienced bees, wasps and yellow-jackets being attracted to my bike when I have used the lemon-scented Pledge. However, I assume that many others never really made the connection when the bees came around.

One guy told me a few years ago, that it was all of the insects all over the front of my bike that attracted the bees. Of course, he doesn't know that my ride is typically insect free unless I'm out on a trip. And, I had continuing issues with the bees even with a totally clean and polished bike. But ..., maybe it's just me because I'm so sweet. That's what my wife says.

I've wondered if the "lemon pledge attracting bees" thing is just an urban legend.

No sense tempting fate I suppose.

Believe it or not , I actually had a bee fly around me the other day while cleaning my windshield and front end with Pledge!! I swatted at him and he left. Most legends and myths are founded on someone's idea of the facts!!

There are a few other cleaner out there. I just got one at my Yamaha dealer and it was 6.50 a can but I will have to check and see what the name is for you. Honda also has one that is the same as plexi and its cheaper.

Have you tried Novus 1 cleaner and polisher. 8oz $6 from Clearview Shields. Might find local and save the postage. Novus 2 and 3 for scratches also available. Pretty good stuff. 7 oz of Plexus is $11 from our local shop. I like Pledge for the rest of the bike.:Venture:

I'll have to see what they want for shipping now. It would be interesting to find out what the Yamaha dealers pay for it. I don't fault any business for making a reasonable profit because that's what keeps them in business. But, I still need to play my role as a prudent consumer as well.

Thanks! Be Safe!

Pete.

Ive been using this stuff since Plexus decided to commit Felony robbery on my person. I had to order it online since none of the shops here in town carry it. Good stuff. Also a good company to deal with. Product was here within a few days. I already ordered other stuff from them with the same speedy service. Check them out:

http://classic-motoring.stores.yahoo.net/allkleer.html

J. C. Whitney has the 13 oz. Plexus for $10.21 plus shipping.

http://www.jcwhitney.com/plastic-cleaner-protectant-and-polish/p2000740.jcwx?skuId=283139

Thanks for the tip. Just ordered 7 cans. That seemed to be the sweet spot on shipping, $11.99 for 7 cans. That works out to less than $12/can which beats the $16 to $19 dollars dealers around here want.

DT

You weren't the only one with bee problems with the lemon pledge. I ran out of Plexus last summer and used lemon pledge for a week or so. I park my bike in back of the building where I work and a few days after I'd started using the pledge I'd come out and find the fairing and windscreen crawling with yellow jackets. I'd move my bike to another place the next day and find them again. Dozens of them. Went on for a week or more.

I'd seen the posts on here about it and washed the daylights out of my bike with soap (unscented) and water didn't use anything on the bike for a while. Never had the yellow jackets again.

Went back to Plexus and haven't had any problem with them since and still parking in the same spot. They do the fly bys but don't linger on the bike.

Must be some truth to it. I didn't really figure the yellow jackets. I'd suspect bumble bees, honey bees or even the sweat bees first.

Mike

I used lemon pledge one time and I was on a trip and ran out of gas. A bee landed on my windshield and said, "What's the problem?" - I said, "I'm out of gas!" The bee said, "Take off your gas cap and I'll be right back." In about five minutes a whole swarm of bees flew into my gas tanks - and then back out again. The bee said, "Go ahead and start her up." Sure enough, it fired right up. I asked the bee - how did you do that? He said, "No problem B P." :big-grin-emoticon:

I sent an e-mail to Plexus and the President sent me a reply! He didn't answer why the sudden price increase so I fired off another email.....

body{font-family: Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:10pt;font-family:arial,sans-serif;background-color:#ffffff;color:black;}p{margin:0px}Mr. Rose:

I appreciate your comments.

First thank you for your loyalty to Plexus.

I would like to explain our product.

Plexus was developed with a specific intent.

Plexus cleans, maintains and protects very expensive high tech plastic materials. Plastics take on many forms from clear and colored plastics to composites, films, tints, powder coats etc. Plexus is not only compatible with these types of materials but it is good for them as Plexus conditions them keeping them new, free from drying denaturing and breaking down.

Plexus is not and has never been cheap in fact it is expensive. A perception that Plexus is just another cleaner like all the general cleaners in the group or category is not an accurate perception of what Plexus is or how it compares to other products. Plexus is the best product of its kind and will ensure the care and maintenance of your expensive products however it is expensive relative to general cleaners. When you consider what Plexus does to extend the life of your expensive materials it then becomes the product of choice.

Thank you for choosing Plexus

Blake Schwartzman, President

BTI Chemical Co., Inc.

I sent an e-mail to Plexus and the President sent me a reply! He didn't answer why the sudden price increase so I fired off another email.....

body{font-family: Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:10pt;font-family:arial,sans-serif;background-color:#ffffff;color:black;}p{margin:0px}Mr. Rose:

I appreciate your comments.

First thank you for your loyalty to Plexus.

I would like to explain our product.

Plexus was developed with a specific intent.

Plexus cleans, maintains and protects very expensive high tech plastic materials. Plastics take on many forms from clear and colored plastics to composites, films, tints, powder coats etc. Plexus is not only compatible with these types of materials but it is good for them as Plexus conditions them keeping them new, free from drying denaturing and breaking down.

Plexus is not and has never been cheap in fact it is expensive. A perception that Plexus is just another cleaner like all the general cleaners in the group or category is not an accurate perception of what Plexus is or how it compares to other products. Plexus is the best product of its kind and will ensure the care and maintenance of your expensive products however it is expensive relative to general cleaners. When you consider what Plexus does to extend the life of your expensive materials it then becomes the product of choice.

Thank you for choosing Plexus

Blake Schwartzman, President

BTI Chemical Co., Inc.

In other words, we will charge whatever the market will bear!

Guest Swifty

speaking of bees...

A car is driving down the road. The driver realizes that the gas gage is dangerously low and he is in the middle of nowhere on an empty road. After a while the car runs completely out of gas and rolls to a stop. The driver hopes that just maybe a car would drive by and help but no one came. The driver had just decided to start walking when he heard something say, "having car trouble?" The driver looked around and behind his car and said, "WHO SAID THAT?!?!" "Up here" The voice said. The man looked up and saw a little bee. The man quickly jumped back and said, "YOU SHOULDN'T BE ABLE TO TALK!!! AND YES I AM HAVING CAR TROUBLE!" The bee went into the car and saw the gas gage and told the man," don't move, I'l be right back." The man waited for about 10 min. until he heard a low buzzing noise.... then it got louder... and louder until he saw a swarm of bees coming towards him and his car. They all said in one loud buzzing voice, "open the gas tank pleazzzze" The man did as they asked and they all flew into the gas tank... the man was puzzled. Then all the bees flew back out and said in the same voice, "start the engine pleazzze." The man turned the key and it started right up! "WHAT DID YOU PUT IN IT?!?!?" the man asked. "BP" the bees answered.

:hihi:

I still stick with what I used to use awhile back. It is Kawasaki's 'Wipe Down' and it only cost $5.00 for a 12oz can from our local Kawasaki dealer. I usually pickup 4 cans at a time. As far as plexus is concerned and for $20+ bucks a can...the product is not for me. Sorry, I am just too cheap. :doh: