IGNORED

After the Cassette Deck Removal?

I will be removing the cassette deck and turning it into a storage box. It just so happens that my crackberry will fit in there perfectly. I would like to add a power outlet in the back of the box for charging the crackberry. Does the cassette deck have a power line running to it? If so can I add a power outlet to the end of that line after I take the cassette deck out? If so is there a separate fuse for that line and if so will I need to change the fuse for this? Finally if so which line is it on the back of the cassette deck?

Thanks for your input on this.

There are two cables attached to the deck.

One is a multi pin plug connection which includes power and audio. The other is a stereo cable for the auxillary input jack. I suppose you could separate the 12V+ wire from the multi pin cable, but it's probably easier to run a new power conection from another circuit to a powerlet or other plug type conector.

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...

i dont know but i would like to see how it looks when you get it done

I will be removing the cassette deck and turning it into a storage box. It just so happens that my crackberry will fit in there perfectly. I would like to add a power outlet in the back of the box for charging the crackberry. Does the cassette deck have a power line running to it? If so can I add a power outlet to the end of that line after I take the cassette deck out? If so is there a separate fuse for that line and if so will I need to change the fuse for this? Finally if so which line is it on the back of the cassette deck?

Thanks for your input on this.

I turned mine into a storage compartment today, but I guess I didn't have enough patients when removing it because I snapped a chunck off the corner of the door.

Guess it's time to get some superglue......

ABS Pipe Glue.

• 5 months later...

Thanks for the idea on the cassette player. It worked out great and I did take care not to break the door thanks to you. It was a little tricky, but I saw where you were coming from on being careful on the door. I'm able to keep my gps and cellphone in there at the same time. Thanks again for the idea

I turned mine into a storage compartment today, but I guess I didn't have enough patients when removing it because I snapped a chunck off the corner of the door.

Guess it's time to get some superglue......

I installed a small light metal box in mine with rubber mat padding to hold little things.. I also installed a water proof USB charger cable that I can use to charge my phone and netbook (long cable with a USB extender) while riding cross country. It only draws power when something is plugged in, while riding.. just have to remember to unplug things from it when stopped.. its been working great for the past 2 years..

There are two cables attached to the deck.

One is a multi pin plug connection which includes power and audio. The other is a stereo cable for the auxillary input jack. I suppose you could separate the 12V+ wire from the multi pin cable, but it's probably easier to run a new power conection from another circuit to a powerlet or other plug type conector.

Hey Ponch, nice to see you posting here again. I sure have enjoyed the tach and gauge package that you built for me to replace my cassette with.:cool10: Take care, Ron

Guest scarylarry
Hey Ponch, nice to see you posting here again. I sure have enjoyed the tach and gauge package that you built for me to replace my cassette with.:cool10: Take care, Ron

He posted that on 05-24-2010, 09:33 PM...

Sure is! Glad to see you back to posting and Lynn and I certainly hope you are doing well. WE all still miss you.

:You_Rock_Emoticon:

Seems its an old posting but I am sure we all still wish him the best and hope for the best for him and his family.