IGNORED

No comparison!!

star4772

Have not posted in a while, but again I am looking for another ride. Needless to say I went and looked at the new 2010 Voyager 1700 and let me tell you it does not even come close to what the RSV is. Sorry to say but that bike was built cheap. The one I looked at the fairing was not even mounted straight. I dont know how many other people have the same thought's but that is my 2 Cents.

YOUR THOUGHT'S?

Joe, star4772

I thought the fairing and trunk was very flimsy. I wasnt impressed at all. What really got me pi***d off was the salesman. As soon as I walked into the dealership the first words out of his mouth after looking at my RSV was "looking to upgrade from your Venture?" It was on after that. I pointed out the flaws on the Voyager to his dismay. Upgrade?? NO WAY!!

I thought the fairing and trunk was very flimsy. I wasnt impressed at all. What really got me pi***d off was the salesman. As soon as I walked into the dealership the first words out of his mouth after looking at my RSV was "looking to upgrade from your Venture?" It was on after that. I pointed out the flaws on the Voyager to his dismay. Upgrade?? NO WAY!!

Yup me to the salesman didn't seem to impressed about the bike either tried to get me to a wing.

Joe

No, there is no comparison to the RSV ... what I found the Voyager compares more to is a 1st gen ... see my thread...

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=48603

yes, the plastic appears "flimsy" but so does the plastic on the RSV as well as the HD Ultra but once "buttoned down" (the trunk and bag lids), it's fairly sturdy. Not like older bikes where the ABS was thicker for strength coz it wasn't as strong then, the ABS of today can be thinner and still be as strong, thus making it more flexible and appear "flimsy" (IMHO).

If you go in with an "attitude", you're not likely to go out with any satisfaction whatsoever. Ya gotta shed some of that bias in order to come up with an somewhat unbiased comparison.

I'm with you Joe, I was never impressed with the Kawi. Way flimsy....all of it saddlebags, trunk, cheesey vents on the lower fairing. I haven't ridden one, as I'm not into joy riding on something I'm not going to buy. But it would be interesting to see whats left of it, for me the RSV, despite some faults, is the best touring bike for me and Momma

:2cents:

Nice to see that you're back, Joe.

There is a Yamaha show in Holly this weekend. Somebody posted on the forum.

May be sunday morning I'll ride over there.

Regards,

calperin:thumbsup2:

Ok sounds good let me know if you see any good deals.

Joe

Went and looked at bikes myself today. Started out to look at a used wing but just missed it bu 1/2 hour. People was still there that was buying it. At another dealer they had a new Voyager and a 2009 RSV with 6000 miles for $13000. I thought the Voyager looked nice but didn't go over it close because I was not interested in buying it. Felt real good setting on it. Going to a couple other dealers farther away Monday to see what they have. Gotta spend this weekend trying to get my 83VR to run without having to keep the choke on so maybe I can trade it in and upgrade.

Dont know but after looking at all the bikes again it might just have to be an Ultra Classic for my next choice of Touring??

What are some of your all thought's??

Joe

Joe... wife and I test rode the '09 Ultra a couple month's before buying our RSMV (that was Sept/Oct 2008). We were out on it a couple times and if it weren't for our limited budget, we would be riding one today. That is not to say we don't love the RSMV.

Take one out for a good long ride ... you might just like it.

Went and looked again today. Looked at the new Honda Interstate, ST1300 and the new Honda NT700V. Want to stay with liquid cooled and go back to fuel injection. Can't afford a GL1800 and need to be able to trade in the VR to help with down payment. Doesn'e seem to be very many used bikes around here right now.

In March i was down in crossville tn, while waiting for a few things I decided to look at some bikes... I tell ya the bike shop I went to had very good prices. There used stuff that was 2 years old with under 1K miles was cheaper than I could buy here in evansville that was 4 years older or more.

I dont near have the funds for a new or newer bike right now so I guess I will keep on scootin with my 84 v65 sabre and my 83 yamaha venture. I figure maybe this winter I will look for a newer model and see what happens. Id really like to have a fj, newer 1st gen venture, my v65 sabre and a v twin of some sorts to just cruise around town once in awhile..

If you go in with an "attitude", you're not likely to go out with any satisfaction whatsoever. Ya gotta shed some of that bias in order to come up with an somewhat unbiased comparison.

Nope, didnt go in with an attitude....I never do, but when you deal with ignorant sales comments I can develop one real fast. Almost as bad as walking into Daytona HD and the first words out of the sales staffs mouths are "do I want to fulfill my dreams"? I prefer dealing with "real" people. I just hate the pitches I guess. But then again, im Brooklyn born and raised.....:smile5:

Nope, didnt go in with an attitude....I never do, but when you deal with ignorant sales comments I can develop one real fast. Almost as bad as walking into Daytona HD and the first words out of the sales staffs mouths are "do I want to fulfill my dreams"? I prefer dealing with "real" people. I just hate the pitches I guess. But then again, im Brooklyn born and raised.....:smile5:

Can't argue with that! I'm pretty much the same.