IGNORED

Manafold question

Yes Jack,

They do and the cracks you see are in the area of the aluminum sleeve. Now if the cracks get up higher on the neck of the boot, you might be in danger of a vacumn leak. A squirt of WD40 on the crack will determine there is a leak when the engine increases in RPM.

Hope this helps,

Rick

And yeah, I cut one apart several years ago after I replaced them for the concerns that you have.

Plasti-Dip. hmmmm. Wonder how well that would work. I have some of that in my garage too. Mine are cracked as well. Been patiently waiting for a used set from a newer Venture to pop up for sale.

I've used the spray on 1stGen manifolds and the cracks disappear, but that's off the bike. Since I'm not really enthusiastic about removing the carb's on the '99 I'm thinking brush on with a long small artist's brush. Getting to as much as possible. I find PDip in the Home Depot paint dept. A spray can lasts forever....

Harbor Freight has it in liquid that you could use easier I think.

Didn't know HB carried it... Liquid is what I meant when refering to brushing. Gonna have to check out the price at HB.... Thanks for the heads up.