IGNORED

Memphis Shades Batwing Fairing

Thinking about getting one for my 05 RSTD, but of course they don't list a mounting bracket for this bike. Does anybody know if any of the other models will connect to the stock windshield quick disconnect mounts? Didn't know if maybe the Roadstar or Vstar brackets might work.

I'm not sure how well the quick release would work for the batwing, would you use existing headlamp? Also, wouldn't you have to have some type of quick disconnect for the power stuff? Anyone one this site done something like this?

:detective:

Would use the stock headlight and it would pretty easy to install a disconnect if you had a stereo, but I'm not planning on using a stereo. I would like to be able to change out from the windshield to the fairing to nothing with the ease we can now.

I know Hoppe makes one for our bikes, but I don't know if it fits the quick release brackets or not.

hoppe does indeed make one for our bike. it is not quick release - you actually remove the quick release hardware on the bike and solid mount their fairing into the threaded holes where the quick disconnect hardware used to be. below is a pic of my 07 w/ hoppe...

http://i48.tinypic.com/2j5x7gm.jpg

hoppe does indeed make one for our bike. it is not quick release - you actually remove the quick release hardware on the bike and solid mount their fairing into the threaded holes where the quick disconnect hardware used to be. below is a pic of my 07 w/ hoppe...

http://i48.tinypic.com/2j5x7gm.jpg

That is definately the "Cadillac" option, but I'm more of a Kia guy :doh: I'm not so interested in music as I am wind protection, so cheap is definately the way to go for me. Yours looks very nice.

I have one mounted on my V Star 1300, but I didnt use the Quik Loc that they sell for their fairings. I fabricated my own mounts out of alum. I made some L brackets that attach to the 4 mounting bolts on the inside of the fairing and then used our automated milling machine at work to cut some solid mounts out of alum with holes on one end and slotted holes on other. Those mount directly to the chrome windshield mounts on the bike. It only takes about 5 minutes to remove it and reinstall the stock windshield.

Edited by DragonRider

I have one mounted on my V Star 1300, but I didnt use the Quik Loc that they sell for their fairings. I fabricated my own mounts out of alum. I made some L brackets that attach to the 4 mounting bolts on the inside of the fairing and then used our automated milling machine at work to cut some solid mounts out of alum with holes on one end and slotted holes on other. Those mount directly to the chrome windshield mounts on the bike. It only takes about 5 minutes to remove it and reinstall the stock windshield.

What does the inner portion look like? Everybody has pictures of the outer, but not the inner. Did you paint yours or leave it the way it came? What height windshield did you go with?

Well I pulled the trigger. Ordered the Memphis Shades Batwing Fairing 2330-0017 with a 7" clear windshield from Badgers Hollow Motorsports. Saw them on Ebay and gave em a call. Total was $243 shipped, which is a pretty good deal. Much better than the Radio Caddy I was looking at for $300, since it would still need to be painted. Will buy a bracket from a fellow member on here and see how it goes.

The inside is open. Doesnt have a liner in it like the others.........but I didnt want all the extra stuff on it. I just use my MP3 and portable CB, and I also have intercom, all this thru a small unit on the handlebars.

What does the inner portion look like? Everybody has pictures of the outer, but not the inner. Did you paint yours or leave it the way it came? What height windshield did you go with?