IGNORED

Carburetor adjustment

I have never worked on 2ed gen ventures so I need a little help.

Some one has pulled the brass plugs on the Carburetor and adjusted the mixture and the owner wants me to help him make an adjustment. I have to admit that I have no Idea where the mixture screws are on the Carburetor.

Can some one tell me where to look?

:backinmyday:

Fred

They are right behind where the brass plugs where. Oh, okay. They are on the inside of the pack. They were designed to not be easy to get to, but they can be reached. It takes a long shank screw driver and you reach the carbs on one side of the bike from the opposite side. You may need to shine a flashlight in there to see them. Do a little looking and you'll find them.

I have never worked on 2ed gen ventures so I need a little help.

Some one has pulled the brass plugs on the Carburetor and adjusted the mixture and the owner wants me to help him make an adjustment. I have to admit that I have no Idea where the mixture screws are on the Carburetor.

Can some one tell me where to look?

:backinmyday:

Fred

Haven't gotten that far on the '99 yet Fred, but the idle adjustment should be the same as the 1stGens... The handy dandy little adjustment tool of yours should fit right in there.... Take 'm out 2.5 turns from bottom and you should be good to go.

OK Pegscraper knows, and now I do too.... :)

Haven't gotten that far on the '99 yet Fred, but the idle adjustment should be the same as the 1stGens... The handy dandy little adjustment tool of yours should fit right in there.... Take 'm out 2.5 turns from bottom and you should be good to go.

OK Pegscraper knows, and now I do too.... :)

I think you may find 2.5 turns to be a little rich. Start out at 1.5 turns from bottom. Mine seems to run very nicely at 1.25 turns out (initially set with a ColorTune).

RR