IGNORED

Dunlop Elite III

BMW

--- since the question is being asked, I have the same question for an 1st gen E3 tire? I recently ordered one here in Ontario and found out that the supplier only has E3's made in 2005 for a 1st gen.

New in the box 3 weeks ago. date 4609 rear, 3707 front. from dennis Kirk. the tire has a sticker from parts unlimited.Called dennis & asked about the date's on the tire. She told me they have only had them in stock for 16 days. the other 2 sets had the same dates on them so ther was no use returning them on less I wonted a refund. There supplyer is parts unlimited. They are sending dennis Kirk old tires. She didn't Know how to get any new tires built in the last year.

Good luck finding some!:puzzled:

I tried to buy the Elite III for my '86. The rear tire was date code of 2005 and the wholesaler that supplies our area said that ALL of his stock is coded the same date.

Dunlop told me that every tire should be removed from use between 6 and 7 years from date code.

I have Metzlers on and I am loving them after 400 Kms.

Jake Wilson,rear tire was7509 front tire was 7407 ,sent front tire back. T

hey wantd to refund my money,said they had nothing new in stock, I said I wanted a newer tire. They called back a day later and said they got new tires in and would send one right out. Still waiting fve days now. Will keep you psted on the new tire date;

Where do I find the date on the tire? I just put an E3 on the rear 3 weeks ago....

There is an oval shape stamped on the side of the tire and it has 4 digits inside it. The first 2 are the week and the 2nd two are the year.

I'm going through the same thing with Southwest Moto Tire. The rear was dated 4609, but the front is dated 3607 and thats almost 3 years old. They told me that was the best they could do for a new front tire. My options are to use it or get my money back. Then where do I get a newer tire from?

Just received a front dated 3607 and a rear dated 4909 from Motorcycle Superstore. I'll need new front tire by the end of summer 2011, so I'm OK with the 3607.

Maybe the newer rear tires might have something to do with the rears wearing out before the fronts? (just guessing)

Krewz

2002 RSMV

I just received a new E-3 for the back of my 1st gen the 1st of March and it was dated 0310. I had to wait a few days on it because I was told it came from a different warehouse, but I believe it was still warm when I got it. It was from Motorcycle Suoerstore and was $117.99 delivered to my door.

RandyA

Jake Wilson,rear tire was7509 front tire was 7407 ,sent front tire back. T

hey wantd to refund my money,said they had nothing new in stock, I said I wanted a newer tire. They called back a day later and said they got new tires in and would send one right out. Still waiting fve days now. Will keep you psted on the new tire date;

I thought the first two digits was the week. How could the week possibly be 75 or 74? :detective:

Dave

Got my last 2 E3's from Jakewilson.com

3508 on the ground now with about 11000 miles...new one 4509 not installed yet...

CMIKE,

Are these front or rear tires your talking about? It seems as though we can't get a front E3 with a later date than "07". The rears are readily available with "09" dates.

CMIKE,

Are these front or rear tires your talking about? It seems as though we can't get a front E3 with a later date than "07". The rears are readily available with "09" dates.

Rear tires...sorry i should have specified

First off I dont know how I typed the dates in my last post was half asleep. the date should have been 3607 front and4909 rear. anyway I got the front replacement tire today that they told me would be a fresh date, surprize its the same date. called them back and their checking with vendor that sent the tire to find out why I got another 07 tire when they said they had a fresh new delivery of front tires. Iam thinking thats why the tire was so cheap.

First off I dont know how I typed the dates in my last post was half asleep. the date should have been 3607 front and4909 rear. anyway I got the front replacement tire today that they told me would be a fresh date, surprize its the same date. called them back and their checking with vendor that sent the tire to find out why I got another 07 tire when they said they had a fresh new delivery of front tires. Iam thinking thats why the tire was so cheap.

I spoke with a rep from Jake Wilson's today and she told me they could do no better than a tire that was 2 years old.

Has anyone purchased any E-3's for a 2nd gen lately? If so where did you get them and what are the date codes on them.

Just put a set on the '99RSV on Tuesday. Got them from Jake Wilson in Utah. I checked the DOT date and they were about 3-4 months old... can't remember the exact dot code... Due to the newness of the design I don't think you'll be finding any E3's over a year old....., but that said I see one post where they got tires from '05. I didn't know E3's had been around that long..