IGNORED

Question for GL1500 owners

Celt

long story boring ,the wife and i have rented a GW GL1500 Aspencade for 10 days, for our trip back to Scotland . so i'd like to know from some of you Wingers, about the range of these bikes, on a full tank of gas (petrol). the owner says its a small tank but it gets around 250 miles . now im thinking thats pretty good but i'd like to know if thats about right .we're gonna be traveling in mostly rural areas(single track roads mainly) ,down to Yorkshire then back up to the Western Isles ,Skye and Lewis . so in the grand scheme of things that aint that many miles, but if youve ever seen some of these areas ,theres a lot of scenery(and rain) but not much else.not good places to run out of gas(petrol) .so any and all info etc would be appreciated.

Thanks Joe , 200 miles ish is good and should be plenty for the routes i,m planning .

Rick, will do ,altho i expect it to chuck it down with rain ............ as usual. so lots of soggy pics heh heh .

Its defo a GL1500 RSJ, i believe its a 98 or R reg, that was shipped over from the US

(it should be used to riding on the other side of the road by now ya'd think:scratchchin:).theres quite a few places in the UK that rent older/classic bikes ,this one just happens to be close to my parents place in Glasgow , and pretty resonable price wise .so made things easier all round .

Sheila, i just finished a dinkum tucker with heeps of deep fried wombat washed down with a slab of VB tinnies now i,m off to the dunny to re cork my ocker hat ooroo possom.:australia:

Sheila, i just finished a dinkum tucker with heeps of deep fried wombat washed down with a slab of VB tinnies now i,m off to the dunny to re cork my ocker hat ooroo possom.:australia:

Fair suck of the sav mate, I think sometimes you're a chop short of a barbie, a tile short on ya roof :doh: fair dinkum mate, don't come the raw prawn with me :stickpoke:Me thinks ya blowin' out the wrong end of ya bagpipe:rasberry::rasberry:

It's a broa brae moonlich nick ta nick (Possum):crackup::crackup::crackup:

Sheila, Ich habe gerade eine dinkum Tucker mit Heeps von frittierten wombat unten mit einer Platte von VB tinnies jetzt i, m aus dem Plumpsklo wieder Kork meinen Hut ocker ooroo possom gewaschen.:australia:[/ QUOTE]

Fair suck der SAV-mate, denke ich manchmal, du bist ein kurzes einer Barbie, eine Fliese auf kurze ya Dach hacken :doh: Fair dinkum mate, kommen nicht die rohe Garnelen mit mir :stickpoke:Mich denkt ya Blowin 'ist das falsche Ende ya Dudelsack:rasberry::rasberry:

Es ist ein broa Brae moonlich nick nick ta (Possum):crackup::crackup::crackup:[/ QUOTE]

Und Sie sagten, ich spreche komisch .........:crackup:

OMG my dyslexia is bcak. he didnt say dudelsack did he :rotfl:

It's a braw bricht moonlicht nicht the nicht .aye it is that lass ,an the nichts will be fair drawin in fur ye doon unner :crackup:

funniest Aussie ever ......well next to Paul Hogan. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Icyougm-mRg]YouTube- Kevin Bloody Wilson - Pubic Hair Song[/ame] if your easily offended or have no sense of humour dont click