IGNORED

RSV lift frame adapters - improved model

Hi there folks.

I have placed an ad in the classified section offering to sell RSV lift frame adapters. These can only be used on bikes without the centerstand on them. You mount them to the bikes lower frame first using a steel rod that is provided with the adapter, then slide a mc jack under it and lift the bike up. I built these with some new improvements over the one I had done before. This model has much better access to the oil filter. This is a much better set up & safer from using hockey pucks or lumber in my opinion.

Being out of work for almost a year now I've decided to put my ideas and skills to use to provide some income from selling these as well as at the same time giving our members here a product that will see a lot of use.

I'm asking $65 + shipping costs. I'll get a better idea as to the shippng costs next week. I'm guessing offhand at the moment something between $10 & $15. Pay Pal payments is available as well.

Any questions please do contact me either here in PM or vie E-Mail

Thanks in advance, Larry Skeels

Update: Due to several requests for a self standing model I am now offering one that will allow the jack to be removed entirely. Current model will allow the wheels to be off the ground 5 - 5 1/2". Other heights available per request. Costs for this model will be $105 for local pick up or $125 shipped

Update 1-07: I've added another option for those of you have my Freestanding lift adapter. I'm offering them now with foot pads welded on per request if wanted, for an additional $5. For those of you who already have my freestanding adapter I'm also offering a slip on foot for $15 which includes shipping. Both have a 3" square pad and will keep your legs from sinking into the ground, gravel, or blacktop drives for those who have no concrete.

UPdate 2-8-07: It has come to my attention that the Larin jack is about 1/2" shorter than the width of the adapters. Which will make it much harder to get the jack centered properly. I have come up with a solution thou that will center the lift pads of the jack everytime and at no extra cost for the Larin jack owners. So if you have a Larin jack let me know before ordering and I will incorporate the modification before shipping an adapter out.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now you are talking Larry, If I hadn't already had mine built I would have bought this new design from you. The cost is very reasonable when you consider the cost of the materials involved. I hope that people realize the added safety that your adapter provides to their expensive motorcycle sitting on a small jack. I especially like the design change to accommodate the oil filter removal. I use mine all the time, whether it is to do an oil change or just to clean the bike. It makes cleaning the wheels and tires a breeze too! It sits on the jack now steady as a rock with the use of your adapter. I am glad that you decided to put it into production!

:thumbsup2: :thumbsup:

Mark

Hi Eck, I use a sears jack and it fits under my stock height RSV with the adapter. I had to place a piece of wood under the kick stand to hold the bike up straight while I rolled the jack under it though. If your bike is lowered you can always run the rear tire up on a 2X6 to get extra clearance for the jack. I like many others, you included, have a great deal of money invested in our bikes and I couldn't see it 19" in the air setting on anything other than STEEL! Another thing I like is that you can't put the kick stand up with the adapter under the bike. That way it is impossible to forget that it is there and try to ride off once it is off the jack.

Mark

Another thing I like is that you can't put the kick stand up with the adapter under the bike. That way it is impossible to forget that it is there and try to ride off once it is off the jack.

Mark,

Now I like this Part..........

Hell, I'm sure I'm not the only one on this site that has yanked a arm out of the socket trying to catch a bike after letting it down off the jack only to find out the darn kick stand is UP!!!!!!!!!

I find it amazing how fast we CAN react when we need to...........

I like this alot. I'm away for a week or more but when I get back I'd like to look into this a bit more. Shipping to Canada might be a bit more. Have you looked at the cost to ship here?

Good on ya!

Cheers, Gary B

Gary using your city as a location my post office quoted $21 shipping by surface and $28 by air. Could be more or less depending on actual location, but that should be a close estimate.

Larry

OK guys here's what I'll do on shipping in order to keep from sending e-mails back and forth. Price of the lift adapter is $65 as stated before. Pick it up localy and it stays at that price. If you need it shipped it'll be $80. I'll refund and defferences in actual shipping costs to you.

For those in Canada it'll probably be best to ship by USPS and avoid those tariff charges. Also best to have a actual location top compute costs.

In most cases I'll ship USPS ground as it's easier for me to get to the post office. Their prices have been competitive with Fed Ex and UPS . If you want it shipped defferently let me know.

Larry

Guest Shooter777

Just sent a paypal payment. I have a friend at work who was going to weld one up using the dimensions you provided earlier, but I would rather help a fellow Venture rider member out whenever possible.

Thanks for offering this adapter to all of us !!

Steve

Just sent a paypal payment. I have a friend at work who was going to weld one up using the dimensions you provided earlier, but I would rather help a fellow Venture rider member out whenever possible.

Thanks for offering this adapter to all of us !!

Steve

Thanks Shooter. Sending it out today for you.

Larry

OK guys here's what I'll do on shipping in order to keep from sending e-mails back and forth. Price of the lift adapter is $65 as stated before. Pick it up localy and it stays at that price. If you need it shipped it'll be $80. I'll refund and defferences in actual shipping costs to you.

For those in Canada it'll probably be best to ship by USPS and avoid those tariff charges. Also best to have a actual location top compute costs.

In most cases I'll ship USPS ground as it's easier for me to get to the post office. Their prices have been competitive with Fed Ex and UPS . If you want it shipped defferently let me know.

Larry

Hi Larry! Salty here in Cold Lake Alberta T9M 2A5. COst please via USPS

This looks like a great device and would encourage me to buy a Sears floor jack too

Thank you

Salty

Hi Larry! Salty here in Cold Lake Alberta T9M 2A5. COst please via USPS

This looks like a great device and would encourage me to buy a Sears floor jack too

Thank you

Salty

Salty apparently USPS uses one flat rate for shipping from my home to anywhere in Canada. The info from the USPS quotes $20.65 for surface mail w/ 4-6 weeks for delivery. Airmail Parcel Post is $26.95 w/ 4-6 days.

Here's the web site I used to get this info from - http://www.usps.com/tools/calculatepostage/welcome.htm?from=home&page=0061calculatepostage

The package will weight just under 12lbs. 8 oz. So from what I see here it's better to ship by air for $6 more and get it within days instead of weeks

Hope this helps you

Larry

BTW: Welcome back to the site too.

Salty apparently USPS uses one flat rate for shipping from my home to anywhere in Canada. The info from the USPS quotes $20.65 for surface mail w/ 4-6 weeks for delivery. Airmail Parcel Post is $26.95 w/ 4-6 days.

Here's the web site I used to get this info from - http://www.usps.com/tools/calculatepostage/welcome.htm?from=home&page=0061calculatepostage

The package will weight just under 12lbs. 8 oz. So from what I see here it's better to ship by air for $6 more and get it within days instead of weeks

Hope this helps you

Larry

BTW: Welcome back to the site too.

Thanks Larry! Let me get back to you! That doesnt sound too bad!

Larry, could you plese enquire about shipping to England. USPS is perfect and pretty reliable for shipping stuff here. My full address is this:

Ian Morgan

76 New Wokingham Road

Crowthorne

Berkshire

RG45 6JP

Thanks!

Ian I did a quick check with the USPS website and got this report for shipping costs-- http://ircalc.usps.gov/intl_speed.asp?CID=10142&MailType=package&Pounds=12&Ounces=8

While I would gladly sell you a lift, the costs with the shipping might be a bit too much. If that's the case I could send you the plans and perhaps you could find a shop or someone over in your area that could make one up just like mine here.

Let me know and I'll work with you on this.

Larry

Yesterday was a good day. I received my adpater from CarbonOne. Last week I went to sears to buy a jack and they were $99.95. I decided to wait until I got my adpater so I went to sears yesterday and the jacks were on sale for $69.95. I went home and used the adapter and raised the big silver rsv. The adpater is perfect. My bike was as steady as a rock. Thank you Larry for making the adpater available to people like me that aren't mechanically inclined. I was even able to figure it out so you know it is simple. Eddie Hall

Well, mine came in today and it works great, and is sturdy and well constructed. Great to finally have one like this. I made one from wood that broke, tried the hockey puck method. So for me this is top notch. It was good to get both wheels off the ground at one time. First project is to give her a good detailed cleaning. Thanks Larry for making this availabe.

Glad to hear everyone is :) with their lift adapters so far. I do appricate hearing your comments, whether good or bad. And if anyone has any ideas for improving them even more I'll be happy to listen. I have thought of adding legs to them so that the jack could be removed . Haven't had enough free time to work out the details there yet.

Mean Dog you got a loooong wait ahead of you for that commison. Sorry Pal.:whistling:

Larry

Guest CHROME ADDICTION

Larry, Great job! Did I see where you had a dimensional drawing on this at one time? The reason I ask is because I would like one, but I want to have legs on it as you mentioned.