IGNORED

How to Pay or Renew your VentureRider membership

Freebird

Folks, I'm getting emails every day asking if it is possible to join or renew memberships by credit or debit card for those without PayPal accounts.

Please note, you do NOT need a PayPal account in order to pay with a credit/debit card or an e-check.

If you do not want to use PayPal but DO want to use your credit or debit card, you can simply click on "settings" at the upper right corner of the page, scroll down until you see "Paid Subscriptions" in the left menu. Click on that link. You will then see a page that says "VentureRider Support" with a drop down box on the right side. Click on the arrow on that drop down box and select the only option, 1 year - $12.00.

The click the button that says "Order".

That will open a new page. Click the button that says "Order Using PayPal". There will be a link on that page to pay using a credit or debit card without a PayPal account. In that case, they are just the credit card processor.

That will open another page. From that page, you can login and pay with your PayPal account OR you can select the option that says "Don't have a PayPal Account"? Click "Continue" beside that option and you will get a page where you can use your credit or debit card or e-check without a PayPal account. In this case, I am simply using PayPal as my credit card processor.

In the attached image, I have circled the part that I am talking about.

Thanks,

Don

Edited by Freebird

Hi Randy.

Go to user CP and then down the left side until "Paid Subscriptions". There you will see your info.

Ponch

Thanks Dave, I found it! May 10 for me......just about that time! Best dang $12 I've ever spent....except maybe that bottle of lemon gin for the high school dance waaaay back when

Hope all is well at your end! We aren't going to make it down your way this year, but there is always next year. Looking forward to seeing you at Don's on MD.

gunk:happy34:

• 3 weeks later...
Folks, I'm getting emails every day asking if it is possible to join or renew memberships by credit or debit card for those without PayPal accounts.

Please note, you do NOT need a PayPal account in order to pay with a credit/debit card or an e-check.

If you do not want to use PayPal but DO want to use your credit or debit card, you can simply to to your UserCP, scroll down until you see "Paid Subscriptions" in the left menu. Click on that link. You will then see a page that says "VentureRider Support" with a drop down box on the right side. Click on the arrow on that drop down box and select the only option, 1 year - $12.00.

The click the button that says "Order".

That will open a new page. Click the button that says "Order Using PayPal".

That will open another page. From that page, you can login and pay with your PayPal account OR you can select the option that says "Don't have a PayPal Account"? Click "Continue" beside that option and you will get a page where you can use your credit or debit card or e-check without a PayPal account. In this case, I am simply using PayPal as my credit card processor.

In the attached image, I have circled the part that I am talking about.

Thanks,

Don

Don will we be notified when it is time to pay up. I have no idea when mine expires.

Curtis Traylor

Curtis,

Take a look at the same place. Left sidebar, top, User CP. Open that then at the bottom of the sidebar you will see Paid Subscriptions. Open that and the info bar will show your expire date.

I don't remember if we get a notice or not. I woke up one morning and found I was "Expired". Checked the obits and I wasn't there so I paid my $12 and went back to bed.

• 4 years later...

How do we do it with the new upgrade ? I am trying to pay my son-in-law's membership and haven't quite figured out how...:confused24:

Written by KIC....

UPDATE: I found it... Under "QUICK LINKS" on the 2nd bar under Forums... wow..that was like real work...

Edited by N22Stull

• 4 weeks later...

I had just renewed my membership tonight. Don emailed me how to easily pay for membership. For $12 dollars a year, you can't beat the price and the amount of information you can have here. Simply go to 'Settings' the scroll down to 'Paid Subscriptions' and then pay for it via Paypal. I think this website will only accept Paypal for payment.

Thank you. I will just add one clarification. You do not need a PayPal account. Once you get to the PayPal page, there is an option to pay via credit or debit card without a PayPal account. All credit cards go through a payment processor regardless of where you use your card. If you don't have a PayPal account, they simply serve as the credit card processor.

• 1 year later...

Don is there a way to make it easier for a prospective member to find the site enrollment page?

I just went through an ordeal with a person who wanted to join and even submitted $5 via the "Donations" tab and thought he was a paid supporting member. Of course he was not. FINALLY, he figured out how to pay the $12 to join. But I have to agree with him, it should be simpler. Can not the "Paid Subscription" be part of the "Donations" or "Contributions" tab? Can the "Settings/Paid Subscriptions (search, scroll for it)/Cost (menu dropdown)/Pay $12" be easier to find for newbies?

Donations and etc. will not work for membership. Membership payment is an automated process built into the system. This is the link that I get when I got to paid subscriptions. Does it take you to YOUR profile or whatever to pay? If so, I can come up with something more visible.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/payments.php

Yes, the link takes me to MY profile.

Of course, I'm always logged in to VRO.

If I log out, the link takes me to a "log in" script.

OK...I've replaced the "Donations" tab in the menu bar with one that says "Membership". I hope that makes it easier for people to find.

Also, I get a lot of emails and private messages from people asking when their memberships expire. If you click on "Membership", it will show the expiration date of your current membership right at the top in the block that says "Active Subscriptions".

If it is close, or even if it's not and just just want to renew, renewing early does NOT start over on the date that you renew, it just adds a year to your current expiration date.

Just a side note, I have also refunded the $5.00 donation that was made by mistake.

Edited by Freebird