IGNORED

Please not another RK muffler thread!

Well, yes because my searches didn't reveal to me threads that are close enough to my situation.

I bought a pair of '06 RK mufflers. Both pipes have a restriction in them (not straight through). I was thinking these wouldn't have the catalyst in them, but I guess they may. Is it necessary to remove the cat? Since neither is straight through, how loud will these be compared to the stock RSV mufflers if I don't bore them out? I want just a little more rumble; I don't want these to be as loud as the V&H on my Kawi.

I looked at them again and one pipe has just baffles on both ends and the other has a baffle on the outlet, but the inlet has what lookes like corrugated metal in it. I had read that the cat was a yellow material and that is not what is in this pipe.

If I knock out the baffles and cat, will I have to rejet?

I had the same thing, I just took a 3/4in. rod and drove it into each end, knocking the baffle out. they are not that loud, and now I can see all the way through them..

Well, yes because my searches didn't reveal to me threads that are close enough to my situation.

I bought a pair of '06 RK mufflers. Both pipes have a restriction in them (not straight through). I was thinking these wouldn't have the catalyst in them, but I guess they may. Is it necessary to remove the cat? Since neither is straight through, how loud will these be compared to the stock RSV mufflers if I don't bore them out? I want just a little more rumble; I don't want these to be as loud as the V&H on my Kawi.

I looked at them again and one pipe has just baffles on both ends and the other has a baffle on the outlet, but the inlet has what lookes like corrugated metal in it. I had read that the cat was a yellow material and that is not what is in this pipe.

If I knock out the baffles and cat, will I have to rejet?

They are slash cut.

I have the slash cuts on mine, didnt drill or knock the baffles out, they have a nice deep rumble, not loud. The are getting deeper as they age, mite want to try them with the baffles for awhile and see how you like them. Craig

I have the slash cuts on mine, didnt drill or knock the baffles out, they have a nice deep rumble, not loud. The are getting deeper as they age, mite want to try them with the baffles for awhile and see how you like them. Craig

Yeah, I want to go slow on the mods. So, you had some with the catalyst? Did you remove that and leave the baffles or run them as they were?

One poster above said his RK pipes are getting a little louder as time goes by. I must agree my stock venture pipes are getting a real nice growl. Not to hijack the thread but can they be repacked. Iv'e only got 68k on the bike but am concerned they will get a bit anoying before long.