IGNORED

Expensive morning commute

G7mag

On my way to work thursday morning I had the bad luck of encountering a wayward raccoon. I saw him running straight down the center of the road so I slowed down and proceeded to go nice and wide around him. I got right next to him and he zigged right behind my front wheel and just barely hit underneath on the left hand side of the bike. So I stopped and got out the flashlight to see if anything was damaged. Turns out that little hit shattered both of my lower cowlings. Called the insurance and they were more concerned with me not getting hurt than any damage to my bike. Kind of nice dealing with someone like that for a change. Anyway, called around to check on parts and what a suprise that was. $817 for the pair of green lower cowlings and they have to be shipped from japan. :crying:

Racoons can cause some damage. I have a 2007 Buick Lucerne in the shop now that "grazed" a coon without killing it, (it ran off into the woods). The car needs a front bumper cover, lower closing panel, transmission pan, minor radiator support straightening, and paintwork. Just a tad over $2800.00 damage. You are quite lucky as I've seen motorcycles "upended" with the rider ejected by impact with them.

Rob

I think they were concerned about how much it would cost them if you were hurt as opposed to your well being.

FOR SURE !!! Now that you've said you were okay, try calling back and saying you have some aches and pains and see the reception you get. Said from experience!! Insurance Shylocks!!