IGNORED

Hella H9 Module headlight mod installed and lit up.

Finally got the headlight mod finished tonight! As the weather is taking a turn for the wet side I was stuck in the garage and only got a short ride around the block but it is an awesome improvement.

I didn't get a chance to do any before shots on a dark road before I did this but I will post some later when I can get out with new setup. I did some pics in the garage to show a little bit of the difference between the SilverStar H4 I had and the Hella H9 Modules.

A little side by side comparision...........

Now this is only is a dark garage at about 10 ft. but you can see the pattern difference.

The color difference really show here between the Hella H9 Hi and the 35w drivers.

Nice mod.....clean looking and worth the $$ spent to do it in my book. I ran into a couple of things that altered the orginal plan but nothing that couldn't be worked around.

When I pulled it outside onto the street was when I saw how much of an improvement it was. I could see the beam of the Lo on the street....even under the street lights. Never really saw that much light on the ground before. But....then.....kick on the Hi beam and Good Lord, hand me my shades. The high beam just reached out and lit up the street! And the house, and the trees and the cars and well, I'm thinking a Batman logo over the hi beam ok. LOL! I need to do some fine tuning on the aiming of both lights but it is close enough until I can hit a back road and dial it in.

Whew!!! Another project done.

Later

Mike

• 5 years later...