IGNORED

1st Gen CB Install Manual

My late father-in-law had a First Gen a long while back - must have installed a CB. I just found the manual. It says, "Yamaha Accessories, CB Radio Kit for XVZ12. Installation Manual." The number at the bottom right corner is 59J-2B19Y-21.

If anyone can use this they can have it. Just send me a personal email. If you don't hear back from me pretty quickly, don't give up. I leave for China and Thailand at the first of the week and won't be back stateside until mid-May.

Lynn, Missionary Rider

Vilonia, Arkansas

I only live about 30 miles from you (outside of Searcy). I could pick it up and convert it to .pdf to be posted in the first gen tech section for all to use. Your option, I can scoot over any time it is convenient.

That sounds like a great idea! I have the CB and most of what I need to install it on my 85 just didn't have idea how to go about it.

I only live about 30 miles from you (outside of Searcy). I could pick it up and convert it to .pdf to be posted in the first gen tech section for all to use. Your option, I can scoot over any time it is convenient.

GigaWhiskey laid claim to the manual. If you want to pick it up, convert it to pdf and post it, then pass it on to him, that would be great. I'll still take care of the postage (paying it forward for help I've received on this site). I'll be in from Alabama tomorrow afternoon if you have time to swing by. We are on Billy Goat Mountain, five miles South of Vilonia on 107. Ring me at 501-539-3599.

Lynn

GigaWhiskey laid claim to the manual. If you want to pick it up, convert it to pdf and post it, then pass it on to him, that would be great. I'll still take care of the postage (paying it forward for help I've received on this site). I'll be in from Alabama tomorrow afternoon if you have time to swing by. We are on Billy Goat Mountain, five miles South of Vilonia on 107. Ring me at 501-539-3599.

Lynn

That is fine with me to make a PDF out of it and post it. But I want the actual manual. :big-grin-emoticon:

I am much better with paper than PDF.

Now If I could just get a good paper manual for the bike...

Thanks again Lynn.

I can swing by tomorrow and pick up the manual. I don't have a CB on my bike but since I was so close by I thought that it would be a good resource for the other members to have on the site. It will only take me one day to get it scanned and into .pdf format ready for one any all.

I picked up the manual from Missionary Rider on Wednesday and got the .pdf conversion completed. Today I mailed the paper manual on to it's destination. The manual was complete and covers all the part numbers and cables for the CB and it's integration with the audio system. The manual contains the operating and troubleshooting procedures also. I have submitted the .pdf file for posting in the tech section and if any one needs the info check there in a day or so. The .pdf file came out to be 4.3 Mb (52 page @ 8 x 11 ) so I can't just attach it to a regular posting so that is why it isn't included in this posting.

I picked up the manual from Missionary Rider on Wednesday and got the .pdf conversion completed. Today I mailed the paper manual on to it's destination. The manual was complete and covers all the part numbers and cables for the CB and it's integration with the audio system. The manual contains the operating and troubleshooting procedures also. I have submitted the .pdf file for posting in the tech section and if any one needs the info check there in a day or so. The .pdf file came out to be 4.3 Mb (52 page @ 8 x 11 ) so I can't just attach it to a regular posting so that is why it isn't included in this posting.

I can't tell you how great it will be to have this .pdf, great Idea SaltyDog! I've been trying to put a Royal back together after the previous owner parted out most of the electronics.

I've never even seen a Venture or owned a touring bike so I'm kind of flying blind so like I said big help.

Thanks Pete

:sign yeah that::thumbsup2::thumbsup2:

After getting a look at the manual it isn't for the '83VR, but for 85 and later years. I really wanted it to be... hoped... that it would address the aftermarket unit originally sold for the '83-'84. Still good to have and should handle a lot of questions '85 to '93.

Edited by Condor

That is fine with me to make a PDF out of it and post it. But I want the actual manual. :big-grin-emoticon:

I am much better with paper than PDF.

Now If I could just get a good paper manual for the bike...

Thanks again Lynn.

I have the owners manual and the 3 shop manuals for the 85 VR. If you want to borrow and copy, I will send them down to you.

Brian

:sign yeah that::thumbsup2::thumbsup2:

After getting a look at the manual it isn't for the '83VR, but for 85 and later years. I really wanted it to be... hoped... that it would address the aftermarket unit originally sold for the '83-'84. Still good to have and should handle a lot of questions '85 to '93.

Glad mine slipped in on that one. Now maybe I can finally get this CB I picked up installed. Sure wish I got to hang around more first gens than just mine.

• 2 years later...

if you can find all the cables you in luck. if you can not find them, you can still install the radio. i did my 85 and just hard-wired though the radio. i did not use the splitter,i just mounted a another antenna on my mount, works like a champ! if anybody needs help just ask. i will try to help you out. happy motoring. john