IGNORED

Helemt lock options

Have a new to me 97 and don't have the cables to lock my helmet under the seat (not sure I like that option anyway). What has anyone else done as a useful option that they are pleased with?

I as looking at the Kuryakyn Universal Helmet Lock, but have two concerns;

1) Is it wide enough to mount on the stick sissy bar?

2) Does it rattle? I've seen a few reviews saying so, but they seem to be in the minority; the rattle would be a deal breaker.

Thanks!

I never had a lot of luck with the cable using the provided helmet lock. It would cause the helmet to lean against the side bag. Very prone to being bounced against and scratching the bag. Plus, when the co-pilot was with me, I'd then have 2 helmets to lock and only 1 lock.

Proposed solution: I used to thread a ski cable lock around the backrest/luggage rack, then through both helmets and let the helmets rest on the seat (we both run 1/2 helmets, so they sit flat pretty well). The ski lock worked well as it was retractable for easy storage.

Also, if the bags weren't too full, we could fit one 1/2 helmet in each side bag.

Hope this helps.

Good Luck.

Bob

I just purchased a second bike with a impossable helmet lock..... you have to remove the seat each time to use it. I went to the Dollar store and got a cable lock for a dollar. It's about 10-12 inches long . Works get with my fullface flipup hemet.

Cb

• 1 month later...