IGNORED

'Nother Question

I have the Progressive version. Costs more, looks the same. There's also a 0-15. Looks like a large syringe with a gauge and hose. I have one for the front shocks. The lower pressure gauge makes it easier to match up sides more accurately.

I have the Progressive version. Costs more, looks the same. There's also a 0-15. Looks like a large syringe with a gauge and hose. I have one for the front shocks. The lower pressure gauge makes it easier to match up sides more accurately.

Bummer,

Do you have a link to the 15 lb pump Please?

thx

One of the things I didn't get with the '99 was an air pump. I found one on Ebay. Anyone else use this one?? Good..bad...ugly??

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I came across this one as well and purchased it. i am very happy with it. i can read zero to 25 pounds easily. i have used it for my front forks and my rear shock. it is nicely built. the only thing i am going to do is super glue that little black band that holds the hose in place. it will slide up, down, lef n rite. i think i did a write up on it for this site, but that was about a year ago. i would have to search. i am lazy today, though.

One of the things I didn't get with the '99 was an air pump. I found one on Ebay. Anyone else use this one?? Good..bad...ugly??

I use a similar type which I use for the shocks and in emergency to top up the tires.. it takes a lot of pumping for the tires lol..

There are some pumps out there that read in 10 psi increments which would be safer / better to use but can't find one

Bummer,

Do you have a link to the 15 lb pump Please?

thx

I found it listed here. I didn't buy it there, but that's the pump. Progressive makes (made?) several sizes. That's the lowest pressure version. I couldn't find it on their web site. I left a message asking Progressive about them, but haven't gotten a response yet. I'll update here when I get a response.

I heard from Progressive. At this time the lowest they're selling is a 0-30, so for now whatever 0-15s are out there are it.

Edited by Bummer
Added latest info from Progressive Suspensions

Much like others have said, the pump you show looks like the Progressive I have. Paid ~$50. Mine goes up to 60psi in 5psi increments. I find it handy as I can do the front and rear suspension with the same pump. It is a little less than finely accurate for the fronts (5psi increments). Has a decent screw-on connector so you don't have to worry about air escaping when you disconnect the pump.

I do suggest buying one. Allows you to adjust the air in the shocks to your preference depending on passenger/cargo weight.

Also, I'd imagine you may know this, but it bears repeation. You only want to fill the suspension with a low pressure hand pump. Going to a gas station and trying to fill with a car tire pump will surely blow the seals.

Good luck with your purchase.

Bob

Well, thanks everyone for the feedback. I went ahead and popped for the pump.... Now all I have to do is figure out how to pay for it. I hate these sellers that have to use a payment system other than what's offered by Ebay. I left a message on their phone.. Calif Company... and will talk to them in the AM. Yeeesh!!!!!!!!!!!

If you can't find a lower pressure air pump, for greater accuracy, you might want to consider this. At least this way you'll be putting the same amount in each side.

That does look like a way to go. The 1stGens already have an equalizer set up. Wonder why Yamaha didn't do that for the 2nd's.....