IGNORED

Creative minds apply here.

Ok.....I still have one thing that irks me about the looks of my bike. The tops of the dash panels where they mount to the stays. Both of mine are damaged at that spot only. Otherwise they are in fine shape but the right side has both holes broken through and pieces missing. The left side only has one damaged.

Since I got the bike I have used chrome washers with bib washers under them to cover the damaged area but would like to do something to cover the whole top of panel with an angled lip to drop down to cover the area above the speakers. As there is somewhat of a curvature there a simple bend with flat material won't work cleanly.

I like to use thin gauge SS sheet of possible to somewhat match the chrome trim pieces on the sides of the fairing. I could live with a painted material if it come to that. Spacers would be attached to the back to fit into the recess in the plastic to avoid bending the trim into the hole.

Any suggestion? I know I can't be the only one with this damage.

Mike

Ok.....I still have one thing that irks me about the looks of my bike. The tops of the dash panels where they mount to the stays. Both of mine are damaged at that spot only. Otherwise they are in fine shape but the right side has both holes broken through and pieces missing. The left side only has one damaged.

Since I got the bike I have used chrome washers with bib washers under them to cover the damaged area but would like to do something to cover the whole top of panel with an angled lip to drop down to cover the area above the speakers. As there is somewhat of a curvature there a simple bend with flat material won't work cleanly.

I like to use thin gauge SS sheet of possible to somewhat match the chrome trim pieces on the sides of the fairing. I could live with a painted material if it come to that. Spacers would be attached to the back to fit into the recess in the plastic to avoid bending the trim into the hole.

Any suggestion? I know I can't be the only one with this damage.

Mike

Why not repair the holes with Plastex and be done with it. Then they get mounted properly and look fine.

Wayne