IGNORED

What's next after plugging the AIS?

I've sync'd the carbs, plugged both the AIS's, and now changed the exhaust with slip-ons. Still have afterburn pops on decel. The slip-ons went well past the split ends on the exhaust before clamping. Any chance the splits in the sip-ons have to be completely covered with clamps? What else do I need to do to stop (slow down) the pops on decel? Thanks for any help!

:stirthepot:

cover the outlet on the end of your slip on's with a rag or towell, while the engine is running, and inspect for leaks at the clamping area...

i use a bead of slicone around the inside edge of the slip on's each time i re=install them after repairs.

mike

I'm with Owen on this one. Squid found the exhaust leak on my scoot when he working on her. When he re-installed the pipes he did it right and I have had no POPS since then.

Boomer......who sez the only acceptable popping onna Venture should be coming from the drivers seat....literally.:whistling:

cover the outlet on the end of your slip on's with a rag or towell, while the engine is running, and inspect for leaks at the clamping area...

i use a bead of slicone around the inside edge of the slip on's each time i re=install them after repairs. mike

I wouldn't have thought that the silicone could take the heat? If you plug the exhaust, and I assume one at a time, are you listening for the leak (my hearing's not great) or do you spray something?

while your plugging the exhaust with one hand, you can hold the other hand in the area of the clamp and feel the exhaust leak, if your unable to hear it.

any automotive rtv silicone will work, you may smell a little burning odor for a couple of miles, but it wont catch fire or anything.

mike