IGNORED

Got my 83 home!

Godlover

I picked up my 83 Royale today. There's quite a bit of rust on much of the chrome and white junk all over the other metal. Looks almost like an acid type stuff. Comes off easy though. The guy gave me a receipt for work he had done in 2006 but put less than 300 miles since then. His bill came to $900 and included new brakes, calipers rebuilt, fork seals, plugs, carb tune, new rear tire, and a bunch of other stuff. I paid $400 for the bike. I found a bottle of oil in the side bag and I just pray it wasn't oil he used. It was a bottle of energy saving oil - so first thing will be to change the oil. I would have done it anyway. I need to bleed the clutch line and get the battery charged up. I may keep it to ride to work or offer it to my brother in law who is looking for a ride.

Okay - Now that I've looked the bike over - I have a couple of questions: #1: in the middle of the battery there is a wire coming out that has a resistor or something - I removed it when I took the battery out to charge. What might it be? Second: I need to bleed the clutch but I can't get the bleeder broke loose - any help here? Third: When I bought the bike - we jumped the bike and got it started. I charged it up for a few hours - and when I tried to start it I had a warning light and it just hummed. I had the kickstand down and in neutral.

Okay - Now that I've looked the bike over - I have a couple of questions: #1: in the middle of the battery there is a wire coming out that has a resistor or something - I removed it when I took the battery out to charge. What might it be? Second: I need to bleed the clutch but I can't get the bleeder broke loose - any help here? Third: When I bought the bike - we jumped the bike and got it started. I charged it up for a few hours - and when I tried to start it I had a warning light and it just hummed. I had the kickstand down and in neutral.

that's the battery sensor. Without it the red light flashes on the instrument panel.