IGNORED

Scrapping Radio/Intercom

WHiP

I have a 2000 Venture with pretty messed up headsets. I've been looking at my options and believe a bluetooth system would be a better choice. I was wondering if anyone has just completely scrapped the RSV audio system radio/cb/intercom/cassette (removed the components) and just started over with a GPS/IPOD/Bluetooth system. I would really like to get some other ideas before i do anything drastic. I definetely want a GPS and haven't used the CB at all. What are some of your ideas/solutions?

Thanks

Howard

I have a 2000 Venture with pretty messed up headsets. I've been looking at my options and believe a bluetooth system would be a better choice. I was wondering if anyone has just completely scrapped the RSV audio system radio/cb/intercom/cassette (removed the components) and just started over with a GPS/IPOD/Bluetooth system. I would really like to get some other ideas before i do anything drastic. I definetely want a GPS and haven't used the CB at all. What are some of your ideas/solutions?

Thanks

Howard

I have no input to answer your question, but if you want some help troubleshooting your 'messed up headset' situation - plenty of us on here can probably help you out with it.

I will stay tuned though, as I am curious what else is available/will work and what folks have done as a replacement.

I finally have a working CB and Intercom on my 1st Gen. What headsets can I get that don't cost me a arm & leg. Will mostly be 1 up just want to talk to bikes I'm riding with and listen to Willie...

Dan, J&M is the way to go if you want to keep your cost down. The speakers aren't the best in but they work.