IGNORED

Grease rear shock swing arm bushings?

Bwhite

I read on here about greasing the four bolts in the rear shock swing arm bushings. If I pull these bolts out one at a time and grease, does everything stay in alignment for reassembling? This would be doing it while on side stand.

This would be doing it while on side stand.

I would do it while sitting on a bike lift, as I suspect that the rear suspension will collapse, depending on which bolts are pulled. Why take a chance on that happening.

A bunch of 2nd genners have the Carbon1 lift adapter (see classifieds) & find it handy for doing routine maint.

:2cents:

i agree with rocket you MUST take the weight off. when i did mine 2 years ago i used my sears m/c jack. squidley has a carbon one stand that we have used on my bike recently. that's a better way to go. but using a m/c jack will be ok also just got to center the bike on it. i had my bike up in the air for over 3 weeks while i was waiting for the new shock to arrive from japan.

reguards

don c.

Put it on lift and take it right off. Just enough to take the weight off, so that you can remove it. Clean all the bearings and regrease.

This would probably be easier than trying to clean one at a time. You have to take the weight off even to one bolt out.

Brad