IGNORED

Would you brace slip-ons?

Installed fishtail mufflers couple of days ago and just got the clamps. These mufflers are a lot lighter than stock and just wondered if I needed to make brackets or just go as is? They feel rigid with no play and the clamps really tightened down well.

As a side note, I've never complained about the "whine", but after installing them the whine is very noticeable. Hard to believe that the mufflers would effect the whine, but I haven't put the saddlebags back on and that may make the difference. Anyone notice the whine getting worse when changing mufflers?

I am definitely keeping my stock mufflers just in case, but I'm no longer hesitant to pull along side a Harley at a light. Of course they can hear them well from the rear when we're rolling. :whistling:

I would brace them. I asked same question on here and got several replies saying definately.

Weren't yours the 36"? The 4" might make a difference, but that's why I'm asking. The guy that made the nite time YouTube video has had his on for more than a year without brackets, but looking for a consensus.