Hey Guys! Oh and ladies! The guy could not get the money for ole Blu so I get to keep it! I've been riding and getting used to the bike but one thing still drives me nuts. Every bump I hit causes rattles from the front fairing. I have tried to tighten and secure everything but it is still there. Any insight from the pros? I found that it is much more fun to change the plugs on my gen 1 then it is on a royal touring. Whew! :hurts:

Two things I found on my '84 when I got it that were causing the rattles and bang when I hit a bump.

The mounts to dash pod were loose. I replaced the grommets and backed them up with a washer. Tighted that right up. No more lil rattle.

But the bigger one was still there. I found the long mounting bolts for the fairing subframe (one on each side just below and behind the headlight a bit) were backed out about a 1/4 inch. I tightened up all the subframe bolts and the rattle was gone.

PO was a space case I guess.

The rivet on my front fender mudflap pulled through and was causing my rattle rattle.

I drilled out the other two rivets and removed the flap.... that eliminated it.

when I repainted, I repaired the fender and reattached the fender with plastic rivits so they wont rub and pull through. (metal on plastic = hole in plastic.)