IGNORED

Electrical problem solved

I posted about this earlier. When I got back from maintenance day last year my battery went dead. I have replaced the battery twice since then but it would go dead unless I kept it on the battery tender. I took my bike to the dealer for the 48,000 mile service and asked them to find my problem. The dealer just called, my bike is ready. The rectifier was bad. I hope this is covered under warranty. I will find out tomorrow.

:happy65::happy65::happy65:

Cool. Glad they found it. There is absolutely NO REASON at all that the labor and parts for the R/R issue shouldn't be covered under the warranty.

Hope that was all and that you will have no other issues as a result of the bad R/R.

Thanks for the update:thumbsup2:

Oh, If I were you, I would take a close look at that connector to the R/R unit when you get your bike back to inspect for any indication of burning, etc. Since you are still under warranty, I'd insist (if they haven't yet) that gets taken care of/replaced, if required. Since that COULD be rather pricey or potentially a considerable amount of work. But, more so, since it is under warranty and it failed - out of principle it ought to get resolved.

Hopefully your dealer did you right and just took care of everything.

And, of course, that you'll be --> :Venture: soon :happy34:

Edited by LilBeaver
clarifing the wording

Got my bike back from dealer today. Got a new fairing under warranty, got a new rectifer under warranty and also a new battery. I never dreamed yamaha would replace the batter too but they did. I am pleased with the dealer and yamaha.

Good deal!!

:happy65::happy65::happy65:

Hopefully that will be the end of your electrical woes.

When you get a chance, I'd pop that fairing off and make sure that they've got bolts in the holes where bolts should be at the base of the windshield. That ought to help maintain the integrity of the plastic bolt points on the edges that have a tendency to break.

Glad to hear your dealer took care of you! I think you are wasting your time on the fairing after having mine apart I see why they break and it wont take long before the new is broke just like all the others out there are. There is a link here some were to show you how to reinforce it and it looks like it will work great I just havent had time to doo it to mine yet.

Hey waterbug,

I'm sure you are right about the tabs breaking on the fairing. I need to do whatever you can do to reinforce the tabs. I know someone on here said they used fiberglass and glue to reinforce but I haven't seen any detailed info. I wanted the new fairing because the last time I washed and waxed my bike something got on the wash cloth or the cloth I used to wax my bike and scratched the front fairing. It looked like someone used sandpaper on it. So I came out pretty good getting a new fairing.