IGNORED

Got me puzzled

My scoot runs great. I couldn't ask for it to run any better.

But.... since it has warmed up, I am noticing that my left leg gets warm. I stopped today, and touched the pipes. The left two pipes, I can only put my hand on for a second or so. The right two, I can leave my hand on. They are pretty cool to the touch. This was after about a 30 minute ride.

Like I said...it runs great. The coil problem was already taken care of by Buddy. My only real issue is that one leg gets warmer than the other.

Any ideas?

P.S. Also, I cleaned the insides of the pipes when I put them back on last week. They still look shiny and new inside. I cleaned them to get an idea of how each side is burning. They are looking the same...like brand new.

I'd start by pulling the sparkplugs and comparing the way they are burning, is one side black from a rich condition? Also check the pipes at idle at start up and see if they get hot at the same rate,if they do your pilot screws are set OK and you may need to shim the main needle. If your plugs all look the same it may be just the way the airflow is around the engine but it seems odd that you can keep your hand on the pipes after that long a ride. I don't own a RSV but I'm sure others will comment.

Ride safe

Doug

well, now you have me scratchin my head. come to think, it seems like when the motor gets warm, my left leg gets warm first. my right leg does not get as warm. it could be my imagination running away with me.

Each day through my windshield I watch as the road passes by.

I say to myself, "You're such a lucky guy."

To have a bike like her

is truly a dream come true.

Out of all of the yammys in the world

she belongs to me...

But it was just my imagination . . .

running away with me.

It was just my imagination

running away with me...

Every night, on my knees I pray,

"Dear Lord, hear my plea...

don't ever let a cager wreck and take my bike from me

or I will surely die.."

Ooh, 4 cylnders are heavenly;

when the Revs unfold before me,

I hear a tender rhapsody...

but in reality, she may need a carb sync from me

But it was just my imagination -- once again --

running away with me.

I tell you it was just my imagination

running away with me...

Both my legs get warm on a hot day. It does seem the engine sticks out a little bit further on the left than the right. A friend had the same issue when he picked up his new Venture (2005 model). He said the left pipes got hot and the right ones didn't. I rode the bike and it seemed to have plenty of power, it idled fine the only issue was when you started off you had to give it a little more gas and feather the clutch a little more. I thought it ran fine. Ralph was convinced something was wrong so he pulled the carbs and found the right side pilot jets clogged. He cleaned them and put them back in and it has been fine ever since. So that is something you may want to check into. You may want to put a whole can of Sea Foam in the tank and run it through. It may fix the problem and it will not hurt anything in case it doesn't fix the problem.