IGNORED

Stupid Stupid drivers!

murph35640

Went out for a ride today with a couple of friends and had a great time. On our way home I was riding in the back as I like to do. Some nut kept pulling up very close to me, I mean at times he was within ten feet of me! I tried waving him on by so tha he could pass, I tried slowing down to make him pass and I tried speeding up to get away from him. Nothing worked, he would still come right back up on me. I realize now that I should have just pulled off the road or turned somewhere but I was riding with a couple of other guys and it really didnt occur to me at the time. So finally after about five miles of this crap, we came to an intersection where we had to stop. I got off the bike and walked back to his car, I told him very politely that if he wanted to go for a ride I would be glad to oblige him but he needed to park his $%@!&% car and get on the bike! He declined my offer and went around us. After this was all over I realized that this could have really turned out bad for me. I am usually very even tempered and I dont get mad easily, but by the time it got to that point I was so ticked that I just lost my temper! I have no idea who this idiot was or why he did this but I do know that in the future I will just pull off the road and let the nutcases have it to themselves. Ok Im done ranting now and going to clean up the bike!

hey man, you did what I've wanted to do many times... and may still yet. I hesitate because, many, many years ago a guy was tailgating me and once he wasn't paying attention and had to slam on his brakes to avoid rear-ending me. I pulled over and let him pass... then I followed him home, parked the scoot on the street by his driveway and proceeded to chew him out... before I knew it, he was out of his vehicle and nailed me with a fist sammich ... of course a fight ensued but he was bigger and stronger and I got the worst of it ... I've never forgotten that incident .... hope he got the message at least.

1/4 " nuts do wonders for tailgators. I keep a couple handy in my vest pocket...if a guy determined to ride my butt so close I cannot see his head lights...after all else fails...drop them one at a time on the road...or thumb them up over your head. They will get the message and back off or pass. It seems like rocks tossed up by the bike.

I feel my life is endangered by them following to close. That is grounds for self defense.

1/4 " nuts do wonders for tailgators. I keep a couple handy in my vest pocket...if a guy determined to ride my butt so close I cannot see his head lights...after all else fails...drop them one at a time on the road...or thumb them up over your head. They will get the message and back off or pass. It seems like rocks tossed up by the bike.

I feel my life is endangered by them following to close. That is grounds for self defense.

Been my "effective" tactic for many, many, many, years....."Ooops, musta been a rock stuck in my rear tread"! I only do it when all else fails like, wave em around, slow down or try to get real far ahead of the "IDGIT"!

Renne......."Rocks" !

Guys I have walked the same path, have had the same frustration, and am not afraid to be confrontational. But you do not know how these guy will react, some just pass or back off, but someday you will hit that road raged, had a bad day at work, old lady left him with nothing guys that bang zoom you are history. So you throw one of those bolts it hits the window and the drive over reacts not worth it. pull over, pull into a gas station.

Now as a whole motorcyclist are not doing well for our cause ex: last year 80% of the fatalities in Illinois motorcycle accidents were not wearing a helmet. Cannot tell you how many times I have seen a biker in this area with a young child on the back that cannot touch the footrest. How many times I go by a bar that is full of Biker's( that is not just Harleys). Goldwing guys around here ride with a baseball cap, shorts, sandels, and sometimes no shirt. I always wear a helmet but just as guilty as the next guy for not wearing a jacket.

There is never enough lighting period. Turn signal conversions, let brake light, saddlebag guard rail lights. Horns in light of recent accidents the group I ride with are going to be talking about at least the tail gunner wearing a High Visibilty vest.

Guest human4m
Just take your pistol out of your trunk, tuck it in your waistband, walk up to him and ask him if he has a problem. Then I bet he will never do that to anyone on a bike again....

I normally just wear my shoulder harness so it just peeks out of my jacket. I try not to flash it, but I don't always hide it.

I normally just wear my shoulder harness so it just peeks out of my jacket. I try not to flash it, but I don't always hide it.

DITTO!!!!!

I too carry a shoulder harness, But i let people see it all the time (buy adjusting my jacket/ fixing the collar) jackets always open, you no........

Guest human4m
Not so much when you get a whole roll of em. Seems they get really hard and painful.

:crackup::crackup::rotf::rotf::crackup::crackup::Laugh:

Margaret

I'm somehow translating nipples into nickles now...

I just look ahead for a place to pull/turn off to get them off my back side. Most of the time after I hit the turn signal and slow down they go around me. I have found the biggest offender is young ladies. I really don't think they know they are tailgating. Second is young bucks and their pickup trucks.

Yesterday I got immediate Justice. Young buck in pickup truck pushing me down the road. I slowed down, moved close to the shoulder and waved him around. Three miles down the road he was chatting with State Police. I tooted and waved as I went past. Most of the cops know when they have an aggressive drive when folks wave and toot approval as they pass.

I've also been known to call in the license, make, model and driver description reporting the driver is either ill, or perhaps been drinking or on drugs due to their erratic driving. :rasberry:

• 1 year later...

I ride 32 miles to work one way everyday and some of the boneheads I have run across should not even have a license to drive.People waiting at an intersection and at the last minute pull out in front of me,tailgating me,had one old lady try to share the same lane with me on a four lane highway.My worst incident was as I was stopped at a stop sign turn signal on to turn right and this car pulls up behind me stops then she starts to go forward and pushes me about 5 feet before she realized I was in front of her.I got off the bike and went back and proceeded to rip her a new one while her window was rolled up.Idiots!!!:doh:

not meaning to :stirthepot: but I thought that a ccw was meant to be used as a self defense tool, not for intimidation.

In todays world, there are too many people that tuck a gun of some sort between the seats (used to) and would not hesitate to use it if someone approached their vehicle in a menacing manor.

Then, there is usually a widow and children involved and with a little luck the shooter will go to jail for 6 months.

jmho

Hummingbird, "not meaning to :stirthepot: but I thought that a ccw was meant to be used as a self defense tool, not for intimidation."

+1 on that...

Thats why the First word is "concealed"....

Besides, if i saw someone approaching me with a weapon, I'm thinking run them over with my car..."cause I'm in fear for my life". Think about it, who are they gonna believe, me or a crazed motorcycle rider that has blocked the road in front of me and is approaching meanacingly flashing a firearm...

Secondly, their main goal is, they want to pass you...

If you can, stay about two feet to the right of the center line and slow down motioning them to pass. If you cannot get them to pass, turn on your turn signal and make the next right hand turn. Don't know how many times I've read about a motorcylist being run off of the road by a car after moving to the right side of the road while motioning them by. If they are aggressive enough to ride your 6, do you really think they are going to get into the other lane to pass you?...

Let the LEO's handle the idiots.... call the State Police with the license no# and description of vehicle and driver.

If everyone reported aggressive drivers "like they should" there would be a lot less of them...:confused24:

• 5 years later...

Waaaay too many thoughtless & careless drivers out there & too many head cases as well.

Yesterday I was headed out for our local Toyrun, my wife on the back of our RSTD it was wet, & raining a little. Not 500yds from my driveway there is a slight left bend in the road, (60kph limit) this clown in a truck came around it on the opposite side at such a speed that he was a good three feet over the center line. Had I been 20 or 30 yds further along the road he would have hit us.

When being followed too closely by drivers, I, like others have posted just get out of their way, & let them go by, my view is "off you go, have your accident (as you will) with someone else.. not me!" I really think these drivers have absolutely NO idea what it's like to be on a bike nor do most of them care.

Having said that I have also seen stupid bikers too, doing things that will not endear bike riders as a whole to the general motoring public. As someone said earlier... "You can't fix stupid" so why even try. Karma will eventually kick in.

ps Re the Toyrun... due to the poor weather there were only 196 bikes took part on this year's Toyrun, but $4000 was raised plus a small mountain of toys/ gifts. In addition the organizers rased another $2000 or so from raffles 50/50 draws etc. Hopefully it'll bring some cheer to some less fortunate families this Christmas. :)

Edited by Kretz