IGNORED

Shift Lever

Anyone know where a fella could pick up an inexpensive used shift lever for the 2nd gen? I need to pick one up so I can modify it by removing the rear heel part of the shifter. I did find a shop in the USA and all parts together costs $73 (bolt washer and cover) but they want $89 in shipping UPS.. nice.. never user UPS.. sigh.

So.. if ya know where a lad can find such a part, used, grungy I don't care, let me know.

Problem I have is that the inside seam of my left pant legs sometimes catches the heel part and I have the feeling of getting my leg caught up and not being able to free it in time to put my foot down when coming to a stop. I don't want to modify my existing shift lever just in case I injure my toe or what ever and will actually have to use the heel part for some dumb silly reason.. (No, I have never been able to get used to using the heel / toe shifting method...)

I might also suggest putting a rubber band (or a velcro wrap) around the pant leg. Kind of like what you did as a kid to keep your pant leg from catching in the bicycle chain.

Just a thought.

Oh, and to answer your original question - Pinwall Cycles.

RR

Seaking,if you watch E-bay,the Star accessory toe shifter conversion kits occasionally show up,sometimes at good prices.Chances of finding a used kit depend on how closely you watch places like the classified ads on this and other forums.I have seen used ones on E-bay once or twice in the in the last 3-4 years I've been following Royal Star parts.Remember,the toe shifter was avaible for the '96 Royals onward and will fit thru 2010 Ventures.As it looks like Star is moving away from Royal Star and going to V-twin based touring bikes,production of accessories is also coming to an end,many are limited to stock on hand.The long and short of it is,if you want and find accessory parts,decide how hard you want to look before letting one go because you want it for a few dollars cheaper.Good luck,Herb.