IGNORED

Road King exhaust replacement for a 96 RS

I just bought my uncle's 96 red/wht Royal Star (with only 4500 miles!), and have been reading about the Road King exhaust fitting onto the RS, with a modified bracket.

Is there a particular year range RK exhaust?

Where can I find a bracket?

Thank you!

Jon

Jax, FL.

96 aint a 1st gen. And you can put a set on a 1st gen. Im picking up a set tommorow and with a muffler pipe extention with a 15 degree bend on each side you can make it work.

This thread from the tech section might help you out. http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=507

David

Edited by painterman67

I just bought my uncle's 96 red/wht Royal Star (with only 4500 miles!), and have been reading about the Road King exhaust fitting onto the RS, with a modified bracket.

Is there a particular year range RK exhaust?

Where can I find a bracket?

Thank you!

Jon

Jax, FL.

Don't think that applies to 1st gens.

96 is a G2 almost.

Jon, if your '96 has 4 mufflers you may have a problem putting the Road King mufflers on it. If the '96 only has two mufflers, a po' man's bracket is a rubber lined conduit "P" clamp.

96 is a G2 almost.

Jon, if your '96 has 4 mufflers you may have a problem putting the Road King mufflers on it. If the '96 only has two mufflers, a po' man's bracket is a rubber lined conduit "P" clamp.

It's the 4 muffler...

What's a good aftermarket exhaust for the 96?

there's not much aftermarket mufflers for the 96-01 royal. you may run upon a set ever once in a while. post your question over on this forum, it's mainly for the 96-01 royals. some of these guys may be able to help find some.

http://forums.delphiforums.com/royalstar/start

i had the 4x4s on mine and put all the saddlebags and mounting and 4x2 complete exhaust system from a venture.