IGNORED

LED Signals

Oldslow

I replaced the tail light with an LED. Simple enuf.

Can I grab LED bulbs for the front markers as well?

Or does it not work that way when they have to flash?

If I replace the fronts and the tail light, how much wattage and Amps will I save?

I replaced the tail light with an LED. Simple enuf.

Can I grab LED bulbs for the front markers as well?

Or does it not work that way when they have to flash?

If I replace the fronts and the tail light, how much wattage and Amps will I save?

You are correct...they do not work that way when they have to flash...since the lighter loads make the blinker blink faster. you have to install load equalizers or electronic flashers to keep current flash rate.

You can add other LEDs for other lights except you turn signals and there is minimal load added to your system.

How much will you save...negotiable depending on what type of load equalizers or flashers you use.

You are correct...they do not work that way when they have to flash...since the lighter loads make the blinker blink faster. you have to install load equalizers or electronic flashers to keep current flash rate.

You can add other LEDs for other lights except you turn signals and there is minimal load added to your system.

How much will you save...negotiable depending on what type of load equalizers or flashers you use.

During my search I noticed some guys saying they been using them without the equalizer and have decided the flash rate to be acceptable. So if I just swapped the bulbs I give up the normal flash and gain some Watts and Amps?

Does the equalizer eat up the Watts and Amps I want to save?

During my search I noticed some guys saying they been using them without the equalizer and have decided the flash rate to be acceptable. So if I just swapped the bulbs I give up the normal flash and gain some Watts and Amps? Does the equalizer eat up the Watts and Amps I want to save?

Yes, it does. That's why I went with the electronic flasher. They now flash at the proper rate, but, you could just let them flash faster, which might get peoples' attention, as well.

Yes, it does. That's why I went with the electronic flasher. They now flash at the proper rate, but, you could just let them flash faster, which might get peoples' attention, as well.

Electronic Flasher? Is that different than the load equalizer?

That should do it. Notice it says NOT to use it with incandescent bulbs because they'll burn out.

Thnx man...you been a big help!

Does that thing just plug into the RSV or is there cutting and splicing involved!?

If you are looking for an easy change out on any other bulbs to LEDs check out this company.

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/store/index.cgi?action=DispPage&Page2Disp=%2Fmini-wedge.html

I just did ALL my 194 bulbs and next are the instrument dash lights.....then the tail lights and I'm considering doing the turn signals with an electronic flasher.

These folks have EVERYTHING for LED conversions and not to mention they have an incredible customer service department. I had a small problem.....they made it right in 48 hours. They are out of Missouri to.

I've changed 20 bulbs so far and haven't spent $50.00 yet. Good enough for me. Won't ever have to spend that money again.

MIke

Got mine yesterday ,

http://www.customdynamics.com/trick_flasher.htm

I did not think I would want to slow the blinkers

down, but after installing it. I really liked it. now ALL

front and rears blink perfect. (slower) simple fix for $14.95.

I also like the idea that my blinkers will not self cancel before

I get to my turn as well. I always hated that.

and YES you do have the crimp 2 flats on the ends to plug in

the blue wire now (not black shown in there picture) is the ground

and the red goes to the opposite side. very simple to install.

My venture is now totally ALL LED's now. (except the headlight)

THANKS FOR THE TIP!:thumbsup2:

Jeff