IGNORED

another good dealer

jlh3rd

just wanted to say that yamaha of camp hill, pa., did me right yesterday....i've decided to try the "I" basket and went to their dealership to discuss it....initially, he said he didn't know anything about it but when i showed him posts on this web site about the "whine"..he called yamaha , they told him it was a legit complaint ....so the part is ordered , no questions asked.....

It's great to hear that they are hooking you up. My biggest complaint is....why doesn't an authorized Yamaha dealer know of these things? Is mother yamaha so complacent that they dont get information like this out to it's dealers or is the dealer so unorganized that they dont stay abreast of the notices?

Not trying to rain on the posting, just feel like these issues should be taken care of without all of us "peons" informing them

:rant:

Does the word " TOYOTA " ring any bells..... I`m just sayin...:confused24:

It's great to hear that they are hooking you up. My biggest complaint is....why doesn't an authorized Yamaha dealer know of these things? Is mother yamaha so complacent that they dont get information like this out to it's dealers or is the dealer so unorganized that they dont stay abreast of the notices?

Not trying to rain on the posting, just feel like these issues should be taken care of without all of us "peons" informing them

:rant:

Yamaha may not tell the dealers thinking when someone comes in the dealer will them yamaha won't replace the basket and you will go away. But when someone persist the dealer calls yamaha and finds they will replace the basket. Yamaha probably wishes this site didn't exist.

what i liked was that he didn't blow me off when i mentioned "internet" , waited while i pulled up the site...and then called yamaha.....

I hope he does you good on the repair, and there is some sence in that Yamaha probably hates us here with this website. I guarantee the feeling can be mutual at times

:)

Good to hear! You may want to make sure that the dealer checks the part (or lets you check the part) to make sure that it is, in-fact, an "I" basket, not just a replacement. There has been at least one member here that recently discovered that his dealer swapped out his with one that was not an I-basket, even though it was supposed to be.

While I agree that it would be nice if the authorized dealer knew everything there is to know about these puppies (and it is frustrating when they don't); I do find that it at least refreshing to find a sales/service representative that is willing to admit that they don't know something AND are willing to discuss it and see about resolving whatever the issue(s) may be. Just my :2cents:

i 'll let someone else answer that.........i've had mine since day one, it's not bad and hasn't gotten better or worse...and the new basket is not a guaranteed fix...but i've read enough stories on this site to decide to give it a try......

After reading this post I decided to call my local dealer, had to explain about he had to call Yamaha and he gladly did made the call and called me back in a matter of minutes. He asked if I could bring my bike in and let him ride it to verify the whine he said Yamaha would cover it (we will see) :cool10: