IGNORED

"UGLY" embarrasses me!!

Yammer Dan

Got "Ugly" out to burn out the old gas today. Ran Great!! I didn't want to come back. But started home and stopped to fill back up about a mile above my house. Where I'm well known!! Filled her up and she drew some lookers of course. Told them she was 25 yrs old and ran good. Started her up dropped her into 1st. And she quit. Laughed and tried her again. Fired right up after the slow turn thing. Dropped her into gear . And she quit!!!

Had to push her out of the way and play with sidestand switch a little and off I go... I have greased that thing, replaced it, greased it and I guess I'll do it again!! She could have picked a better spot. Friend??? offered push when she was cranking slow..

But still GREAT RIDE!!

Got "Ugly" out to burn out the old gas today. Ran Great!! I didn't want to come back. But started home and stopped to fill back up about a mile above my house. Where I'm well known!! Filled her up and she drew some lookers of course. Told them she was 25 yrs old and ran good. Started her up dropped her into 1st. And she quit. Laughed and tried her again. Fired right up after the slow turn thing. Dropped her into gear . And she quit!!!

Had to push her out of the way and play with sidestand switch a little and off I go... I have greased that thing, replaced it, greased it and I guess I'll do it again!! She could have picked a better spot. Friend??? offered push when she was cranking slow..

But still GREAT RIDE!!

Dan,

I have a spare side stand switch, you are welcome to it.

Send me an address, and I'll send it out tomorrow.

Gary

Stop whinning like a 2Gen !!

:rotf::rotf:

At least you got to ride... :happy34::happy34:

We got another 10 Inches of white Stuff on Saturday. Temps are at or below Freezing and another 4 Inches of white S..t is predicted for Thursday. Where's the P..e Smiley ?

Yammer ,

ya gotta remember your bike is female and calling her UGLY is making her mad and stubborn. I know Ive said this before, but its true, ya gotta change her name from UGLY as she doesnt like it...:stirthepot::stirthepot:

Mine is just called Brownie and she treats me right....I think giga has his named Brownie as well ...........I rest my case......and promise not to mention this to you anymore,,,maybe....lol:rotf::rotf:

Brian

I named her "Ugly" the first time I saw her. She had about 1/4 inch of dust on that brown and she was "UGLY"

I have another switch. I got in a hurry when I changed it and didn't check switch i put on. Should have made sure it was working good before I changed it. But wanted to go riding.

Dan, my kickstand switch, or gear sensor switch, gets bad once the bike gets warm and it doesn't know that it is in neutral. I even had to have Muffinman push me once to start it (in front of about 20 members; That was embarrassing!).

For a couple of years I learned to always stop on a hill when it was hot. I finally took the clutch lever switch apart, cleaned it real well and lubed it so it slides easily. Now when it's hot I can still start it, even in gear, with the clutch pulled in. Just make sure that the sidestand is up!

Might want to consider swapping out the battery cables to the starter and ground with a 4 gauge cable(if you haven't done it already). I had the slow roll issue on my 85 and once I did that I didn't have any more issues. Just something to think about. I also hooked up a battery tender and kept it plugged in if I wasn't going to be riding for a few days. Highly recommend these, kept my TD on it all winter, went out yesterday, filled the carbs and fired right up so naturally I had to go for a ride.

But still GREAT RIDE!!

Maybe you've got grease gumming up in your sensor, that could maybe be your problem

After a Nice 50 mile ride I decided Frebird earned a wash. I did a thorough, started right up, and died just outside the bay.

Tried again, started, being determined, I took off with a high throttle and light clutch to edge of paved area; died. Started again, and got in line on the road to turn left. Died, and would NOT start. Lugged her in a turnaround toward the parking lot. Would NOT start. Finally did and light clutched into the parking lot. No more starts from the battery. Called son to come, while he was on the phone asked one more pick up driver if he had jumper cables; none. Tried one more time and she started.

Gradually earning a masters degree at this, I decided to let her run, would call son back if needed jump. Ran fine and drove home with no missing or dying at all.

History: Last spring in a downpoor she died. Took her to wrench, some 'electrical' connection on lower left (somewhere) of engine was the problem. He 'fixed it,' but did not replace it or tell me what it was.

It's as the wrench's today for new tire, that water short out problem, to replace or permanantely fix this electriacal 'thingy!' THIS time I'll note what the name of the thingy is.

Last thing I want in a turn lane after a wash or a downpoor is a drown out! VERY dangerous.

So you talk about being embarassed Dan? With my police yellow flashers still on I was the attention of the neighborhood; dumb on that point, but good for max safety. Course the new used switch for the emergency flashers is being installed as well this time.

Ahhhhhhh SHIFT!

JackZ

Yep, Dan, I spelled it right: S H I F T. Had a bishop once who said that, so I mimick! Jz:thumbdown::nanner::think::250: