I am going to install a set of Kuryakyn 6261 flame ISO grips.

I have the info from here http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=28613 that shows how to trim the grips to fit the weights, but what do I need to do as far as spacers and such? If I open up the ends of the grips, is that all that is needed? Do I still need longer bolts? anything for the throttle?

No one has any idea?

No idea M8.. but I put the stiletto ends on my ISO grips.. I don't think you really need the end weights on the ISO Grips, makes it look odd.. naughty like ;)

The stiletto tips are heavy and do add to the vibe dampening..

Good luck

But isn't there a big empty space between the end of the bar, and your stilettos? Looks like the bars are shorter than the grips, to accomodate the bar end weights.

ergh I'd have to pull the stilettos off to see again.. I think there is some space but not a lot.. I'd seen some people put the old ends on their ISOs but not sure they got to it..

Guest scarylarry

When I installed mine on the other 1300 the throttle fit find, can be tough putting together but not hard and the bolts u have will work..

On the leftside u have to cut that one off cause it is glue on, then there is a tube in the one that goes inside the grip.. I put the tube in the grip and the measure and cut as needed then check it again...Then glue it real good all over then slide in place ab a 45 min. job.

The weights on the end of the grips wasn't need on my other 1300 according to the dealer... I never had vibration either.... I hope this helps

Monty

When I put back on the stock end weights I used a piece of 3/4" ID copper water pipe. I can't tell you the length but I had to trim a bit to get the spacing I wanted for the throttle end. Then I used loctite on the weights.

Hope this helps

Keith

Guest scarylarry
Why all the concenr about bar end weights? I replace my grips with Yamaha custom grips and discarded the end weights. I do not feel any difference in vibration at all. None.

Use brickstone tires then it doesn't matter if you have weight...I couldn't resist after what my dealer told me....That will be another post :rotf::stirthepot: