IGNORED

Some advise please

screaming red

Hi to all,

Just had my rear tire replaced and something does not look right. I remember seeing a nut and lock ring on the right swing arm, can't be sure but not feeling safe riding.

Any help would be appreciated.

Screaming red

Edited by screaming red

Guest scarylarry

Can you look at the manual and see if all was done right?

You might have to re-do the installed from the beginning to make sure it was done right, there is a downlaod for the manual here...in the tech section

It's not done right, the swingarm should be up against the brake mount, the washer needs to go against the hub. Here's a couple pics of what it should look like. I know mine doesn't look the same, but this is off a MKII and my MKI looks the same, 'course I don't know what bike you've got.........

It's not done right, the swingarm should be up against the brake mount, the washer needs to go against the hub. Here's a couple pics of what it should look like. I know mine doesn't look the same, but this is off a MKII and my MKI looks the same, 'course I don't know what bike you've got.........

No, No, No. The washer goes between the caliper carrier and the swingarm, just like it does in your pics. On a stock 1st gen that washer ends up being pretty close to the swing arm. If you put the washer against the hub the brake caliper is not located properly on the disc.

Everything stacks up from the left. The reason for the shoulder on the axle is to pull the washer against the caliper carrier - which positions the caliper centered over the disc. That side of the swing arm has a clamp (instead of a nut like on your bicycle) to allow some variation in the parts without binding stuff up.

The OP appears to have a 2nd gen. Not sure if the position is correct but the parts are in the right order. If it's too far to the left the problem is over at the final drive.

BTW, I have a 2nd gen final drive on my MKII. That results in the wheel moving about 1/4" to the left. So, I have a noticeable gap between my swing arm and that washer.

Edited by MiCarl