IGNORED

Butt Butler Seat Available - Straight Up Swap - WI

RedRider

OK, this will need to be done quickly, if at all. I am sending in my seat for a Russell Day Long conversion. Apparently, they need more than just the pan.

However, my seat has the Butt Butler mod done to it. It would be a shame to send this nicely modified seat to be converted if someone locally would like it in exchange for a standard (non-pillow top) seat. Mine is studded, yours would not need to be. This would be a straight up exchange - no money involved. I will try to get some pics posted tonight. However, it is in perfect shape - no cuts or tears and both studs are in good shape.

If there is anybody in the central WI area that would like to exchange, let me know. I need to get a seat sent out to Russell early next week - latest.

For those that don't know, the Butt Butler modification is wonderfully comfortable. It takes a 200 mpd (mile per day) seat and makes it a 400+ mpd seat. However, I need a 1000 mpd seat and it just doesn't quite get there.

My phone number is in my profile.

RR

If a damaged one (bear ate it - don't ask) will do, we got a deal. The middle of the driver is ripped (shredded) but the passenger is ok.

Just talked to RedRider and the swap won't work for me, wrong style seat.

My loss.

Edited by hillrider

If a damaged one (bear ate it - don't ask) will do, we got a deal. The middle of the driver is ripped (shredded) but the passenger is ok.

This sounds like a story that needs to be told! Lookin' forward to this in the waterin' hole! ( nothing else to do 'til spring, so we might as well get the HOLE story!)

Just a thought, if your seat is the black factory standard seat and will fit my '99 RSV, how 'bout I ship my seat for you straight to Day Long and you ship your seat to me?

Only rub I need a seat for a ride this Saturday.

Walter

Nope, the RSV seat is one piece the RSTD seat is 2 pieces.

Dave

Actually the RSV seat in not a 1 peace seat. It is two pieces unless you have an aftermarket Corbin seat which is one peace. The RSV and the RSTD seats have totally different mounting systems. I have heard of people converting a RSV seat to work on a RSTD by I have never heard of a RSTD seat being modified to work on a RSV. Someone may have done it but I have never heard of it.

Just a thought, if your seat is the black factory standard seat and will fit my '99 RSV, how 'bout I ship my seat for you straight to Day Long and you ship your seat to me?

Only rub I need a seat for a ride this Saturday.

Walter

Guess Not, HUH??? :crying::crying:

OK, this will need to be done quickly, if at all. I am sending in my seat for a Russell Day Long conversion. Apparently, they need more than just the pan.

However, my seat has the Butt Butler mod done to it. It would be a shame to send this nicely modified seat to be converted if someone locally would like it in exchange for a standard (non-pillow top) seat. Mine is studded, yours would not need to be. This would be a straight up exchange - no money involved. I will try to get some pics posted tonight. However, it is in perfect shape - no cuts or tears and both studs are in good shape.

If there is anybody in the central WI area that would like to exchange, let me know. I need to get a seat sent out to Russell early next week - latest.

For those that don't know, the Butt Butler modification is wonderfully comfortable. It takes a 200 mpd (mile per day) seat and makes it a 400+ mpd seat. However, I need a 1000 mpd seat and it just doesn't quite get there.

My phone number is in my profile.

RR

Any takers yet Jeff, My ass is killin' me after these close to 400 mile days. I should be back Sat or Sunday.

Later, Scooter Bob :Venture:

it's a hell of a ride from Louisiana to Wisconson...

:hijacked: AGAIN...

It's not that bad, 2 and a half days if ya don't ride at night...:confused24:

Later, Scooter Bob

PS. I read about your trailering loss, just throw a pillow over that battery and put a smile on your face.:big-grin-emoticon: