IGNORED

08 RSTD New Darksider

bluerstd08

Guest human4m

Hey Jas, I got my windshield in yesterday... Pretty snazzy. Installation took 10 minutes (including a smoke break) and I'm diggin' it!

Now I just gotta get the darn thing to start runnin again. Won't stay running any longer than 15 seconds, so I've got my weekend already planned out.

:bang head:

I installed a 165-80-15 Nexen SB-802 on my TD yesterday and I went out and rode about 250 miles on it just to get a feel for it. I must say that I love it!! I'll gladly answer and questions. I posted the info on the DS tire data base.

Welcome to the "CarTar" bunch! Let us know how the Nexen does for you. MOst of us are on Kumhos but I think the Nexen is probably every bit as good.

Guest human4m

So I have to ask, since there seems to be mixed opinions across the board... What are the potential negatives of mounting a c/t? I understand the benefit of more milage on the tire, but what are the potential drawbacks?

The only drawbacks that I can say off hand are the pressures needed to seat the tire. It changes the handling charateristics somewhat, but its been 2 days and I've put over 300 miles on it and I'm used to it. You just have to find the "sweet spot" that works best for you. I cant really think of any draw backs to it other than the pressure and I'm getting used to it...... The Nexen has been wonderful so far but then again I'm only 300 miles into it. At 74.00 I had to try.

So I have to ask, since there seems to be mixed opinions across the board... What are the potential negatives of mounting a c/t? I understand the benefit of more milage on the tire, but what are the potential drawbacks?

Some that have mounted Kumhos have had an issue with a wobble at speed. Most, if not all of them have noted that when they spun the tire the tread had a spot that wasn't in line with the rest. Maybe from the high mount pressure but I'm thinking maybe a bad batch of tires.

I have the Kumho and for me it's been just like having a motorcycle tire on the back with LOTS better grip. And no wobble at any speed.

As far as the high seating pressure, I think we can get that lower by taking the time to work on the lip of the wheel with a scuffing pad, buffing wheel or anything that will polish it up really smooth and clean. Then use a good tire lube.

Hey My Venture Friends,

Get'n BFG's mounted on my 07 RSV Tuesday, anyone besides me have them on their bikes! Your thoughts on the above CT's?

Ride Safe my Friends, looking forward to trying my new BFG out Tuesday!!

I've got the BFG on my 05, nothing to report other than it rides great, sticks like glue and loses much less air over time.

hi all & welcome to the darkside.

i have run the bfg for over 31,000 miles and no ill effects. i now have the kumho installed. i have about 6,000 miles on the kumho with a avon corba radial on the front. i am well pleased with this combo. attented the 1'st lousiannia mx day this last weekend, ran about 350 miles in the rain, tires ran great. i do have a spare rear rim that i will look at having the rim cut down a couple 1,000th's. to see if we darksiders can use less air pressure to mount the c/t tire. will keep ya'll informed as to how things are going. best reguards

don c. :255:

• 3 weeks later...
Thinkin of going with the CT. I do like the looks of my white avons thoouoo Has anyone seen a CT with white walls that will go on the RSV?

No one makes a CT with WWs on both sides. DBTires can put WWs on literally any tire you want, which means they can do both sides, but this makes a rather expensive tire. I did a Kumho this way and it looks good and works fine. But I'm not sure I'd do it again, as with the cost of adding WWs there's just no real money savings over a regular MT.