IGNORED

The yearly sojourn

spear

Well folks - it's that time of year again when me and my brothers spend a few days travelling to meet up, sink a few coldies, barbecue a few steaks and generally chill out.

This is the seventh (consecutive) year we've done it, but this year is different and special - because our only sister is joining us.

I've posted details, photos and video links in the past and this year will be no different.

When I get back I'll flick you a few foters.

In the mean time - brief details are - over 4 days we'll do around 1600kms (1,000 miles) each to get to our destination at Brunswick Heads on the north coast of New South Wales - and turn around after 2 days there and head home again. Who cares how far it is? It's not the destination but the ride that matters, eh?

Meantime, I've made a few mods to the RSV so I can run my GPS, mobile phone and MP3 player (and still have power to spare.)

I bought one of those 12V plug in gizmos that has 3 12V sockets and a USB outlet.

Secured it to the top of my brake fluid canister on the right bar - using a couple of cable ties.

The GPS is attached to the screen, with gaffer tape 'reinforcing'.

My little 4GB MP3 player clips on to the power lead for the GPS. It's connected to the power supply by a USB lead and the earphone outlet is connected to the radio system via the Auxiliary MP3 jack.

My mobile phone is in a pouch that is secured by velcro to the right side mirror stem.

I've taken a photo of the set-up so you can see what I'm talking about.

Catch you all back here in 4 or 5 days.

Cheers,

Spear

I'm back - safe and sound.

Rode 2,100 kms all up over 3.5 days.

Longest haul was 900kms back home in one run.

Stopped twice for fuel and once for lunch on that one.

One very sore tail bone.

That was an 11 hours ride topped of with 11 hours sleep.

Unfortunately, due to work and horse trading commitments Jane couldn't make the ride. She was disappointed, as were we. Next year she reckons.

Back to work today and a 340kms round trip for work (tin-top).

(Foters later.)

• 1 year later...

Greetings all.

Twelve months on and we've done another family get-together ride.

The five brothers and their sister.

Got back late yesterday after six days and 2,406kms.

Saw some glorious country and rode some challenging (mountain) roads.

For the Aussies who are conversant with this great southern land, I rode from Dubbo to Dalby via Goondiwindi. Up to Bunya Mountain to meet up with the siblings where we had secured a chalet. For the next two days we rode the mountain and the area north and east of Kingaroy. I returned home via Toowoomba and Tamworth with an overnight stop-over in Guyra.

Lots of video and photos, so when the opportunity has presented itself I'll post some shots.

Just timed it right, as rain is setting in here for the Easter break.

Greetings all.

Twelve months on and we've done another family get-together ride.

The five brothers and their sister.

Got back late yesterday after six days and 2,406kms.

Saw some glorious country and rode some challenging (mountain) roads.

For the Aussies who are conversant with this great southern land, I rode from Dubbo to Dalby via Goondiwindi. Up to Bunya Mountain to meet up with the siblings where we had secured a chalet. For the next two days we rode the mountain and the area north and east of Kingaroy. I returned home via Toowoomba and Tamworth with an overnight stop-over in Guyra.

Lots of video and photos, so when the opportunity has presented itself I'll post some shots.

Just timed it right, as rain is setting in here for the Easter break.

Good old family reunion cant be beaten, know the roads in that part of OZ as i was up there 3 years ago on the RSTD some great times were had in that area

Okay - here are a couple of pics of 'The Family.'

First shot is at a fuel stop, obviously all dressed to kill!

Second shot is later in the day when we stopped for a lake-side 'pose'.

In this one we are lined up in age order, me the eldest on the right and our 'baby' sister on the left.

Eighteen years between us.

Enjoy