IGNORED

Forgive me if this exhaust question seems stupid....

Guest human4m

Guest human4m

The pipes on my scoot are "BUB"s and I must say, I'm not too crazy about them. I'm assuming the previous owner had the carb jetted and all, but I'd really prefer to have something different. In fact, I'd be happy with hollowed-out stock pipes... Anyone have any idea where to find some standard pipes without spending $500+?

Go to a Harley dealer and see if they have any Road King pipes they have removed, they will let you have them for next to nothing, several have used them including me on my 1st gen, and I love the sound. Someone here makes an adapter bracket to fit them to the second gen.

The pipes on my scoot are "BUB"s and I must say, I'm not too crazy about them. I'm assuming the previous owner had the carb jetted and all, but I'd really prefer to have something different. In fact, I'd be happy with hollowed-out stock pipes... Anyone have any idea where to find some standard pipes without spending $500+?

Do you have 4 mufflers on your bike? I know that when I was making the muffler brackets to install the H/D mufflers on the 2nd gens they wouldn't workl on the older TD's and possibly royal stars. If you only have 2 mufflers below the saddlebags then you could look for H/D mufflers.

I just looked at the pics of your bike, seeing you have 4 pipes you would have to change out the pipes from an RSV to be able to use the 2 pipe setup. Have you thopught about repacking the Bub mufflers?

Guest human4m

Do you have 4 mufflers on your bike? I know that when I was making the muffler brackets to install the H/D mufflers on the 2nd gens they wouldn't workl on the older TD's and possibly royal stars. If you only have 2 mufflers below the saddlebags then you could look for H/D mufflers.

I just looked at the pics of your bike, seeing you have 4 pipes you would have to change out the pipes from an RSV to be able to use the 2 pipe setup. Have you thopught about repacking the Bub mufflers?

I haven't, actually... If they were louder, that'd be fine, or WAY quieter. Either way, they sound funny right now. They just sound like they're confused. They're not loud, but they're 'barky' like a pissed off Geo Metro at WOT. At idle, they sound like an impatient VW Bug.