IGNORED

2/20/2010 ride

wes0778

Went for a ride today with two of my Hardley riding co-workers. One has a stock Road King and the other just bought a Police Road King, that was turned in at the end of a two year lease.

We made about a 12 miles of a 35 mile trip around the Natchez Trace when the fellow with the Police bike pulled in to a rest area, cause he needed to check for leaks. I just sat there and smiled! :innocent:

He was marveling at how quick that bike is as it would jump right up on 90, before he shifted into 6th gear. :puzzled:

I need to let him ride my RSV... :crackup:

I was working on my H/D yesterday with Ponch, I actually rebuilt the lawnmower carb on it and she fired right up. Thats probably going to be my main bike to ride since I sold the '89 and the '99 has a lot more to be done to it before it's road worthy.

rebuilt the lawnmower carb on it

Must be an old S&S "B" model eh.

If so, you might consider a Keihn CV off of an EVO. Tons were pulled from the EVO's in favor of bigger carbs, so they're pretty cheap at swap meets. It'll bolt right to the S&S manifold. That Keihn will wake up the old shovel perfectly. And you'll have an accelerator pump again, much better rideability.

Later, Scooter Bob

Must be an old S&S "B" model eh.

If so, you might consider a Keihn CV off of an EVO. Tons were pulled from the EVO's in favor of bigger carbs, so they're pretty cheap at swap meets. It'll bolt right to the S&S manifold. That Keihn will wake up the old shovel perfectly. And you'll have an accelerator pump again, much better rideability.

Later, Scooter Bob

Actually it's a Bendix/Zenith butterfly, but I am going to upgrade it to an 40 to 44 mm Evo CV when I take it down to redo it. I just wanted to rebuild the carb on it now so I can put a few miles on her

:happy34: