IGNORED

New Venture ... Just about DONE!!

rumboogy

OK...I bought my brand new Venture on December 11th, 2009. I have worked on it all winter, and I have to tell you that I think I am DONE. That's right, I think I am done with it except for riding it.

Since I bought the bike, I have added the following (and mods).

Trunk Luggage Rack

Lowering Links and Damper Mod

Audio Wiring Mod (for Garmin Zumo 660)

1 1/2" Risers

Stebel Horn

Temp and Clock Gauges (clocks4bikes.com)

TLC Liner Bags for Trunk and Saddlebags

Garage Door Opener (ignition cowling) Mod

Stealth Key Mod

Butler Butt Mod

Butler Seat Mod

Butler Saddlebag Nuts

Yamaha Luggage Rack Bag (Brand new and will be selling this).

Kuryakyn 4142 Roll Bag (why I am selling the Yamaha bag)

Grifter Storage License Plate Holder (very handy!)

Scorpion Helmets (2) with Edset's Comm Package

So, that's about it.

Yes, I still have a pending Lightbar install (waiting on mounting brackets), but having seconds thoughts on those...

The ONLY other items I can think of are Saddlebag Rails and maybe highway pegs...UNLESS someone fabricates a VIABLE and EASY REPLACEMENT for the cassette deck.

What ELSE is there? :confused24:

What ELSE is there? :confused24:

Lots more...see my list and photos here...get some more ideas...you are never done with her.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/album.php?albumid=276

~Yamaha Billet Air Filter covers with K&N filters

~Yamaha Billet Carb covers

~Yamaha Billet Choke knob cover

~Yamaha Billet Engine Breather covers

~Yamaha Billet Fuel tank mount

~Yamaha Billet Motor mount bolt covers

~Yamaha Billet Oil Filler cap

~Yamaha Billet Passenger floorboard backing

~Yamaha Billet Passenger floorboards

~Yamaha Billet Master Cylinder covers (clutch and front brake)

~Yamaha Billet Front Brake caliper covers

~Yamaha Trunk Rack

~Baron 1" handle bar risers - Added rubber blocks to extend existing rubber block that stablizes fairing.

~Drilled out Stock exhaust

~Yamaha Leather Gas Cap cover (keeps reflection off windshield)

~Yamaha Saddle Bag Liners

~Yamaha Trunk rack bag

~Yamaha Passing lamps

~Yamaha Tinted lower wind vents

~Yamaha Travel Trunk wing with LED light

~LED tail light

~6" LED lights side under travel trunk - RED - low intensity with running lights and blink with turn signals.

~Knight Rider chrome license plate frame. Sequence back and forth with running lights and blink 3-5 seconds when brakes applied.

~2 LED spinner lights (look like knock off spinners from older cars) mounted on side of license plate mounting bracket.

~3" LED red lights custom mounted under backe of saddle bags. Work as running and brake lights. Strobe with strobe unit.

~LED turn signals with metric load equilizer

~LED replacement side reflectors ( installed relay to allow them to blink with turn signals)

~LED brake light strobe unit. Strobe LED tail light, trunk wing LED lights and 3" LED lights under saddle bags. Programmed to strobe 3 times then hold solid. see this link http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=32917

~Tented lower wind deflectors and clear plastic on front fairing black.

~Kuryakyn chrome volt meter with key switch actived relay

~Install relay to remove load from key switch.

~Install aux fuse block (6 circuit) under seat.

~Butler thumb screws to attach rear saddle bags

~Butler thumb screws to attach seat.

~Front mud flap (modified JC Whitney)

~XM roady ll mounted on handlebars ( power supplied from under front fairing and audio jack split for Aux selection) Also set up to use Ipod here.

~Butler seat mod front and rear

~Utopia drivers back rest

~Kurakyn long horn dually highway pegs

~Passing light clearance mount (to allow fairing removal without removing passing lights). Later removed it cause the passing lights and lower wind deflectors stuck out to far and did not look right for me.

~Removed stock 404 tires with only 5400 miles. New Dunlop Elite 3 on front and rear

~ Zumo 660 installed and works great.

~Install FM Direct adapter under fairing for my XM Roady ll, so I can use the split Aux audio for my Ipod and not have to swap from XM to Ipod.

~Install Revco Dual Air horns.

~SpeedoHealer installed.

~Removed chrome wiskers from fron fairing.

~Moved XM radio to a RAM Mount on the right side and also added a RAM mount cup holder.

Wally,

In a further attempt to Hijack your thread here (purely unintentional) I want to share a short story.

When I finished with Navy bootcamp and went on to my A school in Millington TN. I had a rude awakening. While I was going to check in, some of my friends that had left BC on earlier flights than me caught up with us. 1st thing they tell me is that they (people on the base) know I am coming and are calling for me by name.

Sho nuff, walking to get checked in someone yells out the window "Hey Newby" to which I responded, yeah, what do you want! they laughed like hell. You see, everyone that shows up there for school is...A Newbie, and I was the only one in school history to have the last name of Newby. So that is where I come off with saying King Newby as thats what I was there. Kinda freaked me out too being green behind the ears and having the full bird captain summonds me into his office as he couldn't believe that there was someone with the last name Newby.

Now back to your local programming....and I'd still like pics Wally :stickpoke:

Wally,

When I finished with Navy bootcamp and went on to my A school in Millington TN. :stickpoke:

I spent some quality time at Millington Tn.

Had some good times in Memphis.

The largest inland naval base in the world I was told.

Gary

I spent some quality time at Millington Tn.

Had some good times in Memphis.

The largest inland naval base in the world I was told.

Gary

I could believe that Gary, it's where they send all the recruits to take various aviation schools at. I believe at the time I went through it had all the aviation schools on 1 base.