I have a set off of my 83, I do belive they are the same, not perfect, but no wholes or rust out in them, I can take some pics, and post if your interested.

Looking for set of mufflers for 1988 venture, found holes at the connection point of the muffler & tips...she won't pass state inspection.... Anyone have a set in the corner of their garage we could work out a deal....

cimack77

:crying:

The tips are decorative, held on with a spring. Can't imagine there is a hole there but just remove them for the inspection.

If you mean at the front of the muffler, right where it narrows to the pipe for the collector box, I believe there is a drain hole there.

To be more precise: the rust through is at the junction of the tappered portion, which connects to the tip and the main muffler body foward of the weld. Both rust through are directly underneath. I found them while examining the brake pads which have plenty of life. I suspect the PO did due some maintenance, just do not know why it sat so long. This bike had been stored outside for sometime, so my restoration is finding small but annoying issues but overall the bike is in good shape.

Just trying to pass inspection so I can finish and take that first spring ride...

I have a set off of my 83, I do belive they are the same, not perfect, but no wholes or rust out in them, I can take some pics, and post if your interested.

Mounts are different, between the Mk1 & Mk2. I had to chop part of the Mk2 mounts to use on my Mk1 & use longer bolts. He would probably have an easier time installing, with a Mk2 set.