Bigfoot

Just wondering if anyone here owns a Henry Rifle and what you thought about them. I've been looking at buying one recently.

www.henryrifles.com/503

My father-in-law has a .44 that he got about a year ago. He must have wanted it bad cause he picked up the overtime to get it so he wouldn't have to take away from "family money". Now he's saving up for the .22. He likes the old stagecoach movies and that's what made him want one so bad.

If you have any specific questions, I can ask him for you. His is gold plated though I am not sure which model.

Ben

Got the Henry in .22 Mag....shoots fine for a .22 carbine..fun gun in the collection..And will take an armadillo with one round....American made...Just a good shooing fun gun...NO, not for bear or elephants, not a bench rest gun either, but good .....Shoot often and tell you friends...

Wayne,

He loves it, everytime I come home he has to drag it out. I haven't shot it cause I don't need that kind of fever right now. He'd been looking at one for about a year and when the OT presented itself, he jumped all over it. From what he says, it is very accurate and shoots like a dream!

Let me know if you get one, the inlaws come quite often, I'll have it bring it if you want to look at it.

Ben

I own 2 of them, both chambered in .22lr.

The nice one is a Golden Boy. 20" octagon heavy barrel. Shoots like a dream. It can also shoot 22shorts which is nice for fun shooting. The shorts are quieter then a BB gun.

I picked up and abused Henry 22 lever in a trade. The blueing is completely worn off and it was rusty. I cleaned it up and the bore is fine so I just keep it oiled up pretty heavy to fight the rust but it shoots fine. I picked it up so I wouldn't shoot the Golden Boy as much and scratch it up.

Later this week Im trading for another Henry 22 lever that had about 25 rounds shot through it.

I'll probably pick one up in 30-30 and 17hmr soon.

I have a Marlin model 39A. 22 cal. lever action which was given to me when i was 12, which was 32 years ago. And it was old then. It is a heavy old .22 and it shoots awesome. I would imagine the henry is comparible. You cant go wrong with a lever action. awesome shooting guns. Have a friend who even went with the Brownings in a higher caliber for deer hunting. I have pumps and semi-autos in deer rifles, along with pumps and semi autos in shotguns, and the lever is still my favorite by far.

Henry has a solid rep for quality and durability. I bought my son the Henry bolt-action .17 and that rascal was right on target at 200 yards. Excellent varmint gun....One-shot...One-kill.

IMHO you will not regret the $$$$ spent on a Henry regardless of the caliber.

Boomer.....who left Connecticut before he could test the rifle accuracy on his MIL at 500 yards.:bawling: