IGNORED

How to locate prior owner?

Mel

My new used '07 RSV has been home now for a couple of weeks. It has just about the exact same goodies that I would add if I had the $ to buy and equip new. Passing lamps and light bar, nice chrome radiator grill cover, saddle bag guard rails, and travel trunk rack. 18,500 miles on it, got it for $10,800. I got it from a big Honda dealer here in Indianapolis, and they also have a Yamaha dealership. The sales guy said he thought they might have gotten it from a Harley dealership. I asked if there was any way to find the previous owner, maybe through the VIN. Was told no way. I am curious if any of you have ever been able to do some detective work and find any info. like this. It would be nice to find out about maintenance, warranty repairs etc. I thought of carfax, but I don't think their reports include prior owners.

Take it to a local yamaha dealer to register the warranty, then ask them to check for any work thats been done on the bike. It worked for me, they can bring it rite up on their computer. I dont know if they will give you the owners name, but at least you can get the maint. info you want. Craig

hmmm. Bought an RSV from Dreyer, whose previous owner traded it in for a Harley. Sounds familiar. LOL. Bought my '99 the same way.

If Dreyer did the service, they have the info. Might dig around under the trunk and bag mats for any paperwork they might have missed. Could be info. in the manual as well. If Dreyer can tell you which Harley store (most likely Southside), the harley shop might even tell you who the previous owner was.

Not sure if anyone from STAR Indy chapter 144 traded it but I just put a post on the Indiana forum to see.

I am suprised they sold it on the Honda side.

Hey Eusa1 I had been wanting to know the same thing about my 85 first gen that I bought in Michigan. I made a post about it a year ago but never got any responses . The bike was set up to pull a trailer and had been to the east coast at least once but I've never been able to find out if the previous owner was another member here on the site. Any chance you can help me with any info on my bike?