IGNORED

J&M Elite/Performance Headsets: what is the difference?

LetHimRide

I plan to purchase the N43 trilogy helmet with a J&M headset. I have looked and looked but I can not find out what is the differance between there Elite (584) headset and the Performance (279).. except the price! Do you know? or is there a web site that does a side by side comparison/review.

I welcome your inputs toward other headsets. The helmetshop.com has the helmet at $249, the elite headset for $209 and the Performance headset for $180.

I dont know the difference but I was running the entry level J&M and it was OK..Now I am running the Elite and it is FANTASTIC..The IC volume I used to have to run it at 11-13 now its VERY clear and loud at 3-5. Music is really great sounding thru the Elites...

ya, i had j&m sets with open helmets and had to turn it up to 18 and that allows us to talk at the stop light. when we got going the wind and my fishtail pipes.. we could not talk. I think with their aeromike III microphone it will do a better job at canxing the noise. Both the elite and performance adds say the same thing when it comes to the hardware with no mention what is the difference.:smash2:

You may want to check out the J&M website. They sell helmets there also. For the price you showed for the Nolan, you can get a 2 yo Aria with the headset installed.

At 2 yo, the Aria warranty is the same as buying brand new. Their warranty is 5 yrs from purchase or 7 yrs from manufacture.

Not sure if they have Nolans though.

Google J&M for their site.

RR

I ride with a hearing aid, and would NOT have any other brand. This is my second 86 VR and I've used that set in both. Magnificent sounds. In full face with speaker in helmet, no trouble talking to each other in any setting either. Ride well and enjoy the listening.

And if you have not posted to my POST, THE OLDEST VENTURE RIDER on 1st and 2nd Gen tech talk, please do so; as well in 2nd gen tech talk I’ve added a post (Dangerous!?) : YOUNGEST TO OLDEST QUEEN SEAT AND UP VR RIDERS. The whole gang has jumped in, so post your two cents worth as well. So far the oldest is 77 and the youngest is 16. And, can you believe it? He rides a 1st gen VR! Send your responses to me PM or to my EM: Zfrebird4@aol.com

Sure hope you get to ride with a Queen Seat or Lady UP Rider. STILL looking for my LAST IN LIFE QS rider. FINDERS FEE for successful referral!

Also, (forgive if this is a repeated invitation, LOL): come to CO and I will keep up with you at my soon to be 71 with two new knees and on my 86 VR.

JackZ

Thanks for your inputs, red rider-I will look into the aria helmets. what I liked about the nolan N-43 is that the chin section is removable. I did go to the J&M site but could not find any technical data that would tell me what is the differance between the two. I will hem and hau about it a bit longer and then just dig deeper into the (I just want it) money pocket and get the elite model:happy-emoticon:

Hey, are you still looking at J&M Heasets? I can tell you that we have used all three of their headsets. When we bought the RSV in 06 we bought their deluxe set they were good, but after a year so so I had a problem with mine - the sound went in and out just wouldn't stay stable, so I replaced it with the entry level $69.00 headset. It worked just fine, but the the sound quality just wasn't there and the mike is HUGE. Last year we replaced the headsets in both helmets with the elite. What amazing quality in sound. My husband, NRETrk06, has some hearing issues and has commented about the quality of sound and is sold on the elite headsets. Then after about a month of usage the same sound issue occured with mine. I contacted J&M directly, they had me return my headset and found that the 'Z' cord from the helmet was bad and replaced it. I have not had a problem with them since. And again the sound quality in the elite is amazing,

Last summer when the Gold Wing - WingDing was in Tulsa we went and wandered through the vendors and J&M had a huge display there. I can tell you that we tried on $400+ Aries helmets with the headsets built in and if I could have afforded $800 + dollars right them for new helmets I would have bought a pair of them in a flash.

Hope this helps you out in your search for the right headset and the difference. If you have any questions that I can answer - PM me.

Rosebud.