IGNORED

Update on "Insurance sticker shock"

Mel

To recap: I got my progressive insurance transferred to my newly acquired 2007 RSV from a V-star 650. $790 a year, and for minimal coverage! I have gone to AARP Foremost and got it for less than HALF!!! So-o-o I upgraded to much better coverage and still paying over $300 less than Progressive wanted. I think the Progressive agent could see my smile when I phoned her to cancel.

When I bought my RSTD back in '05, I had Progressive also. They said the premium was double to what I had on my previous bike. I started laughing, ain't no freaking way I was paying that much. Long story short, I shopped around and found a great deal with the little Lizard guy. Maybe they need to change their ads, "So easy a dumb backwoods redneck can do it!" . :crackup:

Dave

To recap: I got my progressive insurance transferred to my newly acquired 2007 RSV from a V-star 650. $790 a year, and for minimal coverage! I have gone to AARP Foremost and got it for less than HALF!!! So-o-o I upgraded to much better coverage and still paying over $300 less than Progressive wanted. I think the Progressive agent could see my smile when I phoned her to cancel.

GOOD FOR YOU! It may not have been because of my post but GOOD! I switched in April when I got my NEW RSV.....AARP/Foremost did me right...

Renne........NO MORE...:mo money::mo money:

Insurance is so strange.

AARP Foremost was one of the more expensive ones when I was checking. I figured they would be one of the better priced ones because I have my auto insurance through AARP Hartford and it was much lower than anyone else. And the auto insurance is the ONLY reason that I'm an AARP member.

I agree that it is strange. I have my home and my wife's car insured through State Farm. I've been with them for about 14 years. My bike is insured through Progressive because they were a fraction of the cost even with the State Farm discount for having my other insurance with them. Even more strange, when my son got his driver's license when he was 16, we gave him a 1996 Ford Taurus. It was paid for so we took our liability only on it. When I tried to add it to our State Farm policy it was CRAZY high. Ended up insuring it through Geico for a fraction of the cost for the same coverage. So...I have insurance now with three different companies. Doesn't make sense but it sure pays to shop around.

I just received my renewal notice from progressive. $162.00 for full coverage with $250 deductable. Includes trip insurance: If I have an accident that disables the bike, and am more than 250 miles from home, they will pay for a motel up to 5 days while the bike is being fixed or pay for a rental car to get me home.

Thank goodness I haven't had to put them to the test. But that's what they say.

I just received my renewal notice from progressive. $162.00 for full coverage with $250 deductable. Includes trip insurance: If I have an accident that disables the bike, and am more than 250 miles from home, they will pay for a motel up to 5 days while the bike is being fixed or pay for a rental car to get me home.

Thank goodness I haven't had to put them to the test. But that's what they say.

Does that mean that they figure that you can walk 249 miles home?:scorched:

You folks south of us can count your selves lucky that you can shop around. Our only choice is the provincial government. Last year mine was $1495. for the year. If you want to pay monthly it's $340. each month for the 5 month riding season then from the end of September until the 3rd of may, for me, I pay the full 7 months for $72.00. :think::nanner: