IGNORED

Geez, Enough Already!!..................

Aussie Annie

Haven't been able to come sit at the 'puter for a while as I ended up with infection in some of my pin sites (where wire goes into leg) This hot weather has made it harder :doh: So strong anti-biotics four times a day, and elevate the leg....Geez, enough already :bawling:

Miss your company more than you will ever know. :sign yeah that:

I don't know if your doc mentioned this, but I had to clean the pin sites with hydrogen peroxide using q-tips daily. The q-tips let me get down into the holes on the larger sites. They also gave me foam rubber pieces to put on the pins and push against the leg to help keep the sites isolated until they healed up. In general if they hurt any at all there was a problem. (Good luck.)

Annie,

The doctors don't tell you to do things like clean the wounds....you have to think for them! Please take care of that leg! We need you around! So as was mentioned take peroxide and Q-Tips and clean that thing till it stops bubbling every day! We will continue to keep you in our thoughts and prayers for a quick, and full recovery!:bighug:

Yes, Annie, keep the sites of the pins clean; I'd ask about the pressure to move them back and forth, but it DOES seem like a good idea, and always use disposable sterile gloves for anything you do for that leg. I taped garbage bags over mine when I had two new knees done at the same time (11/1/04). I have been able to do anything except a perfect deep knee bend, which I should not do. Yet only 3 months ago I discovered I really could stand still and enjoy it, feeling nothing. Not your case though. You'll do fine.

After all, Dan has already showed us a way for you! He probably already has a patient on this crutch hook up. Enjoy, and keep/GUARD your spirits ... UPWARD.

Soon you'll be grabbing that ferry to a port in the USA where the Ventures will be holding a meet and I'll get to meet a very Gutzy lady!

JackZ

http://venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=41042&stc=1&d=1265247347

Guest Ken8143

Hey Annie - so sorry to hear about the infection. I am a firm believer in peroxide and Q-tips and the sterile gloves.

I feel terribly bad for you - Ken

Thanks guys, for all the well wishes. :You_Rock_Emoticon:

And don't worry, I clean them suckers 3/4 times a day!! My surgeon has always been amazed at how clean I keep the pin sites, and how little infection I've had compared to some of his other patients. I'm not allowed to let the skin "tent" (heal)onto the pins, so inflicting pain on yourself everyday ain't my idea of a good time!! :yikes: I have a couple sites on the inside of my knee that wont stop bleeding when I move :bawling:Which is how I got the infection. :bang head:

MISS YOU GUYS :bighug::bighug: